Video Premiere: SHINEDOWN's 'How Did You Love'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
"How Did You Love", the new video from SHINEDOWN, can be seen below. The song is taken from the band's fifth studio album, "Threat To Survival", which debuted at No. 6 on The Billboard 200 album chart, selling 65,000 copies in its first week of release. SHINEDOWN frontman Brent Smith recently stated about "How Did You Love": "It's a different song for us, because it was very unique, the statement that's in the song. The song's called 'How Did You Love', but it's a song that asks the question, 'How did you live your life?' Because if you are given the gift of life, and you're born, you will pass away eventually; you know, it's going to happen. But what did you do in the meantime? In the middle of all that, what did you leave behind? What was your legacy? What kind of person were you? Did you love? Did you inspire people? Were you good to people? Were you good to yourself? I think it was more of a question of, were you able to let go of hate?" He continued: "One of the words I use a lot is negativity, because I'm not into that word; I just think there's enough of it. And it's harder sometimes to be positive than it is to be negative. But that's really the question in that song and why it's such a very honest statement. Because if you're given the gift of life, you're gonna pass away eventually. And this isn't supposed to be depressing by any means. It's really supposed to be an eye opener of, like, 'Wow! If I wasn't living before, I'd better start living now.' And that's really what it's built around." "Threat To Survival" was the third SHINEDOWN album to enter the chart in the Top 10, following "Amaryllis" and 2008's "The Sound Of Madness", which debuted at No. 8.

Continue reading...