Video: STAIND's AARON LEWIS Performs 'That Ain't Country' On 'The Late Show With Stephen...

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
STAIND frontman Aaron Lewis performed "That Ain't Country", the lead single from his new solo album "Sinner", on the November 2 episode of "The Late Show With Stephen Colbert". You can watch video footage of his appearance below. "Sinner" was released on September 16 via Dot Records. Produced by country legend Buddy Cannon (George Strait, Merle Haggard, George Jones), and recorded over 16 intense hours at Nashville's Blackbird Studios, the effort captures Lewis's mindset, a laid back soundtrack that is reminiscent of the genre's most honest and musically adventurous artists. "I'd like to think that 'Sinner' is a newer take on classic, traditional outlaw country, Waylon and Merle and Willie, and Hank Jr. and Johnny Cash and all that stuff," says Lewis. "That was the music I heard a kid, and that's the country music that permeated my soul and stuck with me my whole life." On "That Ain't Country", Lewis laments the current state of "country, if you call it that," and pines for the sound of his honky-tonk heroes. The Bocephus-styled musicality and Lewis's accessible vocals showcase the "pain, heartache and desperation," a bedrock of traditional country that is often missing from the airwaves today. "Sinner" track listing: 01. Sinner (featuring Willie Nelson) 02. That Ain't Country 03. Whiskey And You 04. Northern Redneck 05. Mama 06. Sunday Every Saturday Night 07. Lost And Lonely 08. Story Of My Life 09. Stuck In These Shoes 10. I Lost It All 11. Travelin' Soldier
aaronlewissinnercdcover.jpg
aaronlewisthataintcountrycover.jpg

Continue reading...