VINCE NEIL Says MÖTLEY CRÜE's Retirement Plans Are 'For Real'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
In a brand new interview with The Oakland Press, MÖTLEY CRÜE singer Vince Neil was asked about bassist Nikki Sixx's recent statement that the final chapter for the band could come as early as 2016, after the film version of MÖTLEY CRÜE's biography, "The Dirt: Confessions Of The World's Most Notorious Rock Band", gets completed, an accompanying album is released and yet one more tour around the globe. "It's definitely for real," confirmed Neil. "We want to go out on top. We don't want to be one of those bands that people are like, 'Oh, they're playing a ... little club now. We still sell out arenas and do stadium shows and stuff like that, and that's how we want to be remembered. "It's just time. Mick's [Mars, guitar] health is not that good, and touring is tough on him. I'm sure in five, 10 years' time we'll probably do something together again, but it's not gonna be like a KISS farewell to the farewell to the farewell tour. We're not gonna be like that." Neil also said that he plans to have his next solo album out by the time the CRÜE calls it quits. "I'm planning to release something maybe before the end of the MÖTLEY run," he said. "That way it would come out right toward the end of that, and I can just go straight from MÖTLEY and continue touring on that (solo album). That's the idea now, at least. It's a ways away, still."

More...