Vinnie Vincent Invasion

Papa Josh

Minister of Propaganda
This thread is dedicated to one of the most over the top, yet underrated, glam bands of all time, the Vinnie Vincent Invasion. For the young 'uns, Vinnie Vincent replaced Ace Frehley in KISS and did one cd, the classic Lick It Up release. I've heard rumors that he also had a hand in Creatures Of The Night..

Anyhow, he went solo and formed this band which also featured Robert Fleischman on vocals, the vocalist who wrote "Wheel In The Sky" w/Journey along with a few others and was their vocalist for a brief period until Steve Perry replaced him.

The debut cd on Chrysalis Records back in 1986 was loud, obnoxious and Vincent's solos were insane...

The title track Invasion still rocks my hairy anus.

The song "Animal" can be heard in the movie "Summer School" in the background of the party!

Fleischman was replaced with Mark Slaughter for the second album "All Systems Go." This album had a song for one of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies. (Dokken anyone??)

Funnily enough, I think I saw this album in one of our local second hand record shops today. It was cheap and I liked the look of it, so I made a mental note to buy it tomorrow. Looks like it's gotta be done! :D