Santiago, Chile
Visit site
Hi Opethians!!

As we await for the next Opeth jewels,
check out the last Vintersorg album:
Visions of the Spiral Generator.

Awesome work by Mr. Vintersorg,
Steve DiGiorgio (bass, Sadus/Death/Testament),
Asgeir Mickelson (drums, Spiral Architect).

Get it no matter what!!!
You'll love it

cheers,
Hakkikt

He really shines on the new album, it explores the melodic and harmonic abilities he has and not just the technical stuff. Overall an amazing album if you liked cosmic genesis but not much variation honestly, just a few progressive things here and there trown in for good measure ( only 1 song is truly experimental ) but other than that it really could be cosmic genesis 2...not that is anything wrong with that.

I finally got it today, and am on my fourth spin, and I must say, I am very impressed with this album, it's even better than I expected. It still sounds like claissic Vintersorg in the riffing and singing, but there are new elements that stand out as being different from the other albums. Hell, he even gets experimental with some timings/rhythms on this one! This is probably the most enjoyable thing I've heard in a nice while. The intro kicks ass! As of right now, Spegelsfaren is favorite, witht the Explorer close behind. Vintersorg really shelled out some great riffs for this release!

Originally posted by Misanthrope
He really shines on the new album, it explores the melodic and harmonic abilities he has and not just the technical stuff. Overall an amazing album if you liked cosmic genesis but not much variation honestly, just a few progressive things here and there trown in for good measure ( only 1 song is truly experimental ) but other than that it really could be cosmic genesis 2...not that is anything wrong with that.

You do this album great injustice! How dare you say that it's "amazing" and "really shines"? Such human, mundane terms can never capture the pure spirit of this grandiose exploration of the cosmos.

Visions explores the very depths of macrocosm. It cannot be truly defined for all it's sophistication. It has a progressive aura and a deep melodism, spaning over a vast spectra, and still has a lot of metal attitude, but projected through a sophisticated complexity without taking away the energy. It is something quite unique in the metal field, having a diversity that’s not so common in metal. Mixing all thoughts and emotions into a cocktail of musical energy.

I shall now listen to Visions. God I love this album!

vintersorg2.jpg

You do this album great injustice! How dare you say that it's "amazing" and "really shines"? Such human, mundane terms can never capture the pure spirit of this grandiose exploration of the cosmos.

Visions explores the very depths of macrocosm. It cannot be truly defined for all it's sophistication. It has a progressive aura and a deep melodism, spaning over a vast spectra, and still has a lot of metal attitude, but projected through a sophisticated complexity without taking away the energy. It is something quite unique in the metal field, having a diversity that’s not so common in metal. Mixing all thoughts and emotions into a cocktail of musical energy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Demonspell
How can this album, with Steve and Asgeir in the band, not be a progression upon Cosmic Genesis? :)

Having technically proficent musicians in a band known for complex projects doesnt makes the cd technically proficent nor complex at all. The sentimental side imho has always been the highlight of vintersorg not the technical, a lot of people fall into the fanboy missconception that having x musician playing will make the album a progresson. Vintersorg is still the man in charge of most music creation and technical aspects of it, structure, impact, and yes even timming and rhythm ( unless is a real band with democracy the composer tends to set the rhythm base along with the structure and it shows that vintersorg leads the band with his guitar and vocal work and song structure work ).

Again i must stress the point that the fact that vintersorg is still on the same musical place than he was on cosmic genesis does not makes the album inferior, the ideas portrayed on cosmic genesis are enough to support multiple albums that somehow base the variation on minor details and decorative things i mean just look at Opeth, they progression is rather slow and sometimes it feels like Mikael just builds a new album within the base musicality of the previous album, they the ideas presented are enough to spawn millions of happy fans worldwide.

The sentimental expression and delivery vintersorg has is enough to support a similar fanbase without any real indepth musical changes.

Originally posted by Belial

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now thou too shall be denied of being at vintersorg presence, for thou have made a mockery of him outside of his piece of the cosmos and his worshippers shall find a way to spy this realm and report thy sins to vintersorg who, in an impressive demostration of his infinite knowledge of the spiral and its generator, shall report you to the realm administrator ( Mark ) and forever cast thee out of his sight.

In other words caution: he is so fucking childish he goes beyond my own self-indulging inmaturity and will ban you even knowing you are not on his forum ( like he did to me )