Vio-Lence News

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
VIO-LENCE To Record New Album In February - Nov. 22, 2002

Reunited San Francisco Bay Area thrashers VIO-LENCE are tentatively due to enter the studio in February to begin recording their new album for a late spring/early summer release.

The as-yet-untitled effort will likely surface through a new label entity formed by former EXODUS manager Toni Isabella and one-time Capitol Records A&R executive Rachel Matthews (who signed EXODUS and RIGOR MORTIS to the label back in the late '80s).

"I've got ideas for five [new] songs. Just need to structure them out and add a few 'VIO' twists then I'll sit down with [singer] Sean [Killian] and add some words," guitarist Phil Demmel wrote on the band's official web site. "The new stuff is definitely in the vein [of our first album, 'Eternal Nightmare'], but with more arpeggiated riffs. In playing with the three bands [VIO-LENCE, TECHNOCRACY and MACHINE HEAD) these past seven months or so, I've been able to put in quite a bit of practice time. Expect a ton of riffs and tempo changes (nothing too progressive) and some crazy double bass."

Also planned for release through the same label are a live CD and DVD from the group, recorded last Dec. 14 at Slim's in San Francisco, as well as a reissue of "Eternal Nightmare", featuring bonus cuts not found on the original version.

The live album and the "Eternal Nightmare" reissue are likely to arrive sometime during the first quarter of 2003, according to Demmel, while the DVD is expected a short time later.

VIO-LENCE is otherwise great thrash (especially Eternal Nightmare which slays!), but the vocals.... well, they need a little time before one gets used to them :rolleyes: The first time I heard EN, I thought the vocals were so horrible I couldn't listen to the whole album for a long time! Then I decided to give it another try and the vocals didn't bother me anymore... at least not that much ;)

Originally posted by Thrash Metal Tormentor
VIO-LENCE is otherwise great thrash (especially Eternal Nightmare which slays!), but the vocals.... well, they need a little time before one gets used to them :rolleyes: The first time I heard EN, I thought the vocals were so horrible I couldn't listen to the whole album for a long time! Then I decided to give it another try and the vocals didn't bother me anymore... at least not that much ;)

One of the reasons Violence kicks SSSSOOOO much
fucking ass is because of Sean Killian. I'd differ greatly
with your opinion of the vocals.

-OfficerNice

I know that his vocals take alittle getting used to, but once they have, you would'nt want anyone else.............His stage presence(high Energy), is excellant & meshes perfectly, without Sean there would be no Vio-Lence..........considering they continued without Rob Flynn......This statement speaks for itself..............
:eek: :eek: