Violin Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Bob

New Metal Member
Jan 5, 2006
USA
I'm a violinist myself and was just wondering what equipment and effects Olli Vänskä uses on tour.

So far I've used a BOSS GT-6 multifx pedal that gives you a nice clean sound as well as badass distortion. Might change this to some rack equipment in the future, as it's not the most convenient one to program and carry around.

With my violins I have stuck to Yamahas. There's a nice price/quality relationship and if problems arise I can get a similar one pretty easily. Originally I used EV-204 but I broke one of its piezo mics earlier this year, and while the violin's being repaired I'm using SV-120 model.

Olli, I'm a bass player myself and I've got a GT-6B for my setup which is great but like you said it's not too awesome to mess with stuff on. I recently got me a Line 6 PODxt LIVE to mess about on and I think it may replace my Boss GT. It's just as tough and durable, about the same size and has an expression pedal too. The bonus is that it also has a USB connection for connecting to a laptop/PC and using the free downloadable Line 6 software for programming the patches instead of fiddling with knobs on the floor (LOL). Very very cool and useful.

Oh and keep up the good work :kickass:

Line 6 is good. I'm using the Floor Pod which has a good selection of effects for the price. It's easy to program and has good overall quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.