Virgin Steele

TBH I lost interest in this band after Guardians of the Flame, which was very good at the time. But reading the previous posts I will defn get the new one. Lots of guitars are good (unless you're Maiden :p )

I love VIRGIN STEELE. David DeFeis is a genious and albums like "Marriage of heaven and hell" (the 2 parts), "Invictus" (the best one) or "Age of consent" are masterpieces for me.

However, last record "Visions of Eden" was a disappointment. It was a demo more than a proper Cd. What a bad sound!

I got great expectations with the new one. Music is OK, quite good I guess, but what did it happen with DeFeis voice? Awful. Where´s the aggresive voice? The whole album is full of a kind of sweet voice. It´s his classic falsetto style but in a softer way.

Musically brilliant; vocals disappointing.

Has anyone noticed a fault in Amazon's system regarding this CD? A friend of mine ordered two CDs yesterday, for £2.50 each :lol:
Amazon has since corrected the price, but what a steal! Too bad I missed it...

I love VIRGIN STEELE. David DeFeis is a genious and albums like "Marriage of heaven and hell" (the 2 parts), "Invictus" (the best one) or "Age of consent" are masterpieces for me.
Agreed.I would add to that list Noble Savage album.
Life Among the Ruins is also quite good although it's "pussy rock" genre more then Heavy.But nevermind,songs are great.

However, last record "Visions of Eden" was a disappointment. It was a demo more than a proper Cd. What a bad sound!

VOE even with poor production it's a great album.Of course that production spoils the atmosphere but again...songs are brilliant!

I got great expectations with the new one. Music is OK, quite good I guess, but what did it happen with DeFeis voice? Awful. Where´s the aggresive voice? The whole album is full of a kind of sweet voice. It´s his classic falsetto style but in a softer way.
Musically brilliant; vocals disappointing.
Sounds is much better on this album but it's still bad.
And again,songs are great of course but I have to agree with you about his voice.I miss the old ROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR voice and screaming in Eric Adams style.Even live he performed the old songs on high pitch vocals.Don't know why 'cause it's not easier to sing...

Still...VS is an amazing band which can always offer good new record and I can't say that for many bands nowdays.