Virusscanner advice?

Seizure.

Jul 13, 2005
holland
www.seizure-music.com
Even though i keep the computer i do my productions pretty far from internet i still managed it to catch some bugs so my question is:

Does anyone have a good virus scanner/cleaner i should use?

My computer is basicly 2 times slower then useall.. sucks friggin balls and takes the joy out of mixing for sure!

thanks upfront!

JB.

I use AVAST on my non-DAW machines. It's free, it works, is regularly updated and unobtrusive.

My DAW is non-networked, locked down and doesn't have any anti-virus installed as such progs hog resources. While it's not possible for a lot of folks to have separate DAW and internet machines, I'd suggest disabling the AV prog (and any other services not required) when mixing to avoid such problems. Maybe dual boot is an option?

I'm using Avira. It's free and not too heavy and it does do job well, IMO. It just pops up an ad whenever it's downloading an update...not too much trouble for me to close one pop-up every day.

NOD32 hands down, works perfectly here. I dont have any virusses anymore as they get shut off before they can run on my system. Very low profile program, works great. I do get borderline spyware (cookies) though, for which I have spyware doctor (not so great, shitty program but I got a year's license already so might as well use it) installed which removes it

Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite works great for me, just as long as you get past the initial bombardment of "allow/deny" requests

AVG has been shown a few times to be the most effective and one of the lowest-profile virus utilities. Ad-aware and Spybot make a great team against spyware and adware.

Jeff