Vocals on another Fuge track

Song is 'Andromeda' yeh?

I actually really like the singer, I wasn't sure on him before, but he sounds really good in this song.

The mix however, leaves a lot to be desired. It kinda worked before without vocals, but now that there are vocals, the rest is just a fizzy mush and you can't distinguish anything. Pity because the riffs are awesome and they're getting completely lost.

Need tighter drums and just a better guitar tone. Have you tried out the free amp sims, or still using your POD>

yeah its Andromeda :)
thanks 4 commenting, Morgan! Actually its the old "mix", just with vocals. We know its too muddy, partially I blame the pod tone, with many layers this is the result :(
we will re-record everything soon in better quality, definitely with live amps. We will try some amp sims too! I like the pod btw, but i m hell curious about other solutions too :)
thanks for your time and advices mate!

Dude your songs are beyond sick. But its really strange because I feel like a lot of this song is not sounding as good as it did before. The vocals aren't bad, but something about the guitars sounds way grainier than before. The drums don't seem to sound the same either.

Did you do anything different with the master because you had vocals in the mix? I actually think your pod tone is pretty sick, but it doesn't seem the same in this version of the song. It almost seems like its clouded for some reason, it doesn't have the same grind and the kick sounds somewhat less upfront as well. Listening to Paralysis and then Andromeda it doesn't sound very similar at all.

Your material is so good, I'm really looking forward to how this will turn out, but something seems really different and I can't quite put my finger on it. Good luck.

Cheers,
George.