Volbeat / Cold playing Anthrax in Anaheim

Oct 5, 2003
Visit site
I went to see Volbeat and Cold in Anaheim CA last night for the second of 2 consecutive sell out nights at the House of Blues. As noted I am a big old school Cold fan. They have their own sound and live are much heavier than on CD. Surprisingly the Volbeat crowd was really into them.None the less that doesn't really matter....

In between sets they were playing songs from Worship Music very LOUD over the PA. Even though I have heard Fight Em a million times already it was awesome to hear it in a concert setting to a huge sold out audience. Got me fairly pumped up.

I had never seen Volbeat before.. I watched them for a bit, not really my thing, but they were really good for what they do.

The coolest thing ever though was at the end of their set Dave Lombardo came out and they did Raining Blood which was just fuckin sick and the place went nuts!

Volbeat rock. I wish I would have known more about them when they came in to my bar a couple of weeks ago.

They were good. I am not much of a pop punk type of fan. But just as they do a poppy punk type part then counter it with a really heavy double bass thrash type riff. They are certainly unique and did a good job at what they do.

Ive only heard 2 of their songs, been wanting to hear more of their stuff... The singer kinda reminds me of the singer for Life of Agony

hahahahaha, Holy Shit!! He really is a Tranny. I stopped listening to them before they got too popular and did Ozzfest. What the hell happened to this band.

Ive only heard 2 of their songs, been wanting to hear more of their stuff... The singer kinda reminds me of the singer for Life of Agony

Watching them live that is EXACTLY what I thought. He sounded almost identical to old School Keith on the River Runs Red album.... pre Tranny days :devil: I may have to purchase a few Volbeat albums and see how they are. Their fans were certainly into them and they put on a great live performance

Then again he also sounded a bit like Green Day or some shit at times. And the Social Distortion influence was in there and I really can't stand that type of music. But the more metal sounding stuff was pretty good

Beyond Hell / Above Heaven is solid, if not spectacular. I'd definately check them live if given the chance.

People should check out vocalist/guitarist Michael Poulsen's former band, Dominus. That guy sure has quite a vocal range :)

From 1st album:

From 2nd album:

From 3rd album:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxLQOl5vUA4&NR=1[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching them live that is EXACTLY what I thought. He sounded almost identical to old School Keith on the River Runs Red album.... pre Tranny days :devil: I may have to purchase a few Volbeat albums and see how they are. Their fans were certainly into them and they put on a great live performance

Then again he also sounded a bit like Green Day or some shit at times. And the Social Distortion influence was in there and I really can't stand that type of music. But the more metal sounding stuff was pretty good

Get The Strenght/The Sound/The Songs! No pop punk there.