VOLBEAT's career is skyrocketing almost everywhere...

labrekk

Jul 16, 2002
Canada
Visit site
New album "Outlaw Gentlemen & Shady Ladies" get GREAT chart entries for first week:

Denmark #1
Canada #1
Norway #1
Switzerland #1
Austria #1
Finland #2
The Netherlands #4
USA #9

I didn't think they were now that popular...I knew they were on the rise, but would never have thought the new album would sell so much at first week. Getting position #9 on the US Billboard 200 (and #1 in Canada) is quite an accomplishment IMO, for a band vitually unknown in North America 3 or 4 years ago.

Great for them, the new album rocks and they remain one of my fave bands.

http://www.bravewords.com/news/202579

New animated video for The Hangman's Body Count

Last edited by a moderator:
Volbeat gets a lot of airplay on SirusXM's Octane channel. My guess is that helped with them getting popular in the US.

Where I work, one of my co-workers was talking about the (then) upcoming Volbeat album. I asked him how he had even heard of Volbeat, thinking it was still an obscure band in the US. Once Octane picked up on them, their popularity shot through the roof!

They play on regular non-satellite FM radio here in KC. And when they headlined a nice-sized venue on that tour with Iced Earth, it was nearly sold out. I'm impressed by that.

They are getting bigger and bigger. Every time they come through my town, more fans show up. And the new album is great. You will hear "Lola Montez" on the radio one day, if you haven't already. Easily a huge hit.

I'm guessing that getting that support slot opening for Metallica helped out quite a bit getting their name out there

They play on regular non-satellite FM radio here in KC. And when they headlined a nice-sized venue on that tour with Iced Earth, it was nearly sold out. I'm impressed by that.

I drove 6 hours last June to see that tour in Clifton Park, NY. The 1,100 people venue was sold-out. I realized then that Volbeat was on the rise, but they're getting even bigger than I thought.

Sad that the only time they headlined in Montreal back in 2010, the draw was VERY disappointing at around 300-350, in a venue that could get over 900 people...

It surprised me to hear them get airplay on a local, modern rock station here in Tennessee last week. It wasn't a cut from their new album either. I really wish, for Glenn's sake, that they had fulfilled their obligation to play ProgPower, for whatever reason they didn't.

~Brian~

Could somebody remind me exactly what happened between Volbeat and PP USA? I remember Volbeat cancelled and that Mustasch replaced them but what was the story behind it?

They played before Motorhead in most of the shows, actually - if not all.

Sorry man, but in Quebec City at least (and I'd doubt it was the only place) , it was MEGADETH/VOLBEAT/MOTORHEAD/LACUNA COIL. Did you attend that tour?

Or maybe my memory is really defective and Volbeat actually played before Motorhead...In any ways, that spot on the Gigantour surely helped them.

Sorry man, but in Quebec City at least (and I'd doubt it was the only place) , it was MEGADETH/VOLBEAT/MOTORHEAD/LACUNA COIL. Did you attend that tour?

Or maybe my memory is really defective and Volbeat actually played before Motorhead...In any ways, that spot on the Gigantour surely helped them.

Over here it was definitely Motorhead that took the direct support slot, and some other shows that I know of as well. I was at the CT show.

Order was LC, Volbeat, Motorhead and Deth.

Just started listening to them for the first time with their new album because of the king diamond guest track. Was a really weird listen, sounded like I was listening to Metallica's Garage Inc. Disc 1 but in an alternate universe. But I liked it anyways. A lot of the radio friendly sounding material on it too while retaining classic metal influences throughout the record. I'd have no problem with these guys getting batshit crazy popular. Sucks about the whole Progpower ordeal with them though, I now understand why it was such a big deal.

I'm still put off by the way they handled their PP appearance, and honestly wouldn't pay to go see them anywhere.

Hmmmm ... The band got an offer from a large band (in flames) to be direct support all across Europe. That right there can make a band, so OF COURSE the band took that tour. Glenn completely understood and while he was sad on a personal level (being a fan) he was realistic about the entire situation. Lets face it, at that point in time VolBeat wouldn't have brought any new fans to PPUSA that wouldn't already be here. Sometimes the entire "ohhh these guys were supposed to play here but had to cancel, so they've gotta be bad guys" mentality of this forum is laughable.