Voodoo Modded 6505+ clip ...........hopefully to end voodoo bashing.

ApolloSpeed

Oct 31, 2005
Texas
www.myspace.com
Here is a clip of our upcoming new material for our next cd (early next year).

I recorded this with my 6505+ Voodoo deluxe mod with JJ 6l6s and Ruby Masters pres. Lots of plp bash voodoo, so in response to a previous thread, here it is....
:kickass:

http://www.myplasticfriends.com/ONE%20MAN%20BAND%20-%2024_2%20%28MP3%29.mp3

btw... Only 2 guitar tracks panned 100% L+R, and here is my recording chain.

_Ibanez mmm1 w/emg81
_6505+
_5150 bottom cab w/ v30s and Sheffield 5150s in x-pattern
_Sm57 + i5 blended
_Firepod into AA1.5
_Multiband Limiter on guitars

well, lots have been said about Voodoo taking the character out of an amp......and all voodoo amps sound the same....etc. etc.

I personally think mine sounds great.....never tried an FJA amp yet, but I definately would like to do a side by side comparison.

It sounds cool, but it sounds like most every other Voodoo Amp when doing highgain stuff.

Honestly - it doesn't sound like most 5150's. It's got the general vibe but there's a lot missing.

Sounds cool... def a bit different than commomn 5150 clips...
Do you mind sharing the multiband limiter settings?

DSS3 said:
It sounds cool, but it sounds like most every other Voodoo Amp when doing highgain stuff.

Honestly - it doesn't sound like most 5150's. It's got the general vibe but there's a lot missing.

+10 it doesn't sound as an original 5150.
Nobody is telling that voodoo is just pure shit, I said that the mods voodoo makes lack of the original tone.
It's good to have more clarity, but if the amp sounds as another amp, why buying a 5150 instead of a voodoo amp?

DSS3 said:

+1

That sounds nothing like a 5150 to me. It's way too smooth and doesn't have that raw grind to it.

Jackal_Strain said:
You guys tune to A right?

yeah, drop A.

Mark_Palangio said:
+1

That sounds nothing like a 5150 to me. It's way too smooth and doesn't have that raw grind to it.

yeah, my feelings too..... I also have a block letter 5150, and it is a little more dirty.

Voodoo took some gain out of the amp! I recorded the lead channel on the 6505+ and set the gain @ 7.:headbang:
On my stock 5150 block letter, comparable gain is @ about 4.

Kazrog said:
Interesting, I would never guess it being a 5150 at this point. Sounds more like a Mesa now. It's a good tone, thanks for posting.

really?

A month ago, I had my 6505+ on stage during a show and my singer spilled a drink all over my amp head in the middle of our set....... BOOM! Fried my power tubes!!

So I grabbed another bands amp head (Mesa Dual Rec Black face) and plug in and finished the set.

The mesa sounded good, but it was very "saggy" in the mids. Tone was near the same, but my Voodoo 6505+ had a more solid chunky midrange than the mesa for sure!

*edit
Keiffer said:
would you share the 5150 setting(s)

being it's voodoo modded....it will vary from a "real" 6505+.....but.
Lead Channel
Pre=7
Low=6
Mid=5
High=6
Res=7
Pres=7