Vreid - Kraft

Perdition's Light

dinosaur jr.
Apr 5, 2004
This is the band that arose from Windir's ashes. I liked Windir but honestly they were not a band I listened to frequently. I downloaded (yep) this album containing the remaining members of Windir along with a new guitarist. This is really good music, and it doesn't really fall into any specific category, though MA lists them as black metal. It has some of that viking "bounce" but some modern elements as well such as strange digital noises (though Enslaved also used those). There is a lot of variation within the songs and the bass is audible and excellently used. Has anyone else hear heard this album? Opinions on it?

It's 7.5/10 (Decent) at best, I'd say. There are some good riffs throughout the album, but personally it's just nothing amazing.

7.5 is DECENT? Shouldn't 7.5 be more along the lines of "above average" or "pretty good"?

Ah well. I don't consider the album classic by any means but I thought their sound was interesting since most bands these days sound like they're trying to ape some older band or sound. Of course it's not mind blowingly original, but their style is certainly their own I'd say. I would probably rate it a 7 or 7.5 (can't decide yet), but on my scale, not yours.

i enjoy the cd. its nothing stellar, but its a good listen. i sorta describe it as groovy black metal. has a rock pace to it
~gR~

Perdition's Light said:
7.5 is DECENT? Shouldn't 7.5 be more along the lines of "above average" or "pretty good"?

Ah well. I don't consider the album classic by any means but I thought their sound was interesting since most bands these days sound like they're trying to ape some older band or sound. Of course it's not mind blowingly original, but their style is certainly their own I'd say. I would probably rate it a 7 or 7.5 (can't decide yet), but on my scale, not yours.

7.5 is a decent score if you go on a sensible scale of 5 being average and 10 being perfect (and thus virtually unatainable).

There is an old school vibe in a lot of the riffs on Kraft that I tend to enjoy. A decent album. I wasn't a big fan of later Windir, and haven't listened to much of the early days.

Ifurin said:
7.5 is a decent score if you go on a sensible scale of 5 being average and 10 being perfect (and thus virtually unatainable).

I agree with 5 being average and 10 being perfect, but the word decent more or less means "adequate" or "acceptable", which to me is pretty close to average. A 7.5, which is significantly closer to 10 than a 5, should be more than simply decent.

It makes perfect sense to me at least.

That was really stupid. In my defense I was tired since I had just woke up. Shut up.

And I'm majoring in physics... :erk: