W.A.S.P - Wild Child (Drums : Hugo Ribeiro, Solos : Anthimos Manti)

akarawd

Aug 30, 2004
www.ogregomixmaster.net
Hey all,

Here's a cover of W.A.S.P's Wild Child I did with Hugo Ribeiro (http://hugoribeiro.com) :

Guitars are once again Gibson Custom => Great River NV1 =>
RME AD =>Recabinet 4.

Bass is Warwick $$ 5 NT, same chain as the guitars only I used an ampeg pf500 and mxr di+.

One thing I want to mention is that you rarely come across professionals
like Hugo, it's all I can say!

Enjoy
Than

----------------------------
Here's the link to the raw files.
Please read the description in the txt file before you use them.

https://drive.google.com/folderview...RVa2k2SjZTZ0FBbHlONzZOZ20xVXhpSlk&usp=sharing

I look forward to hearing your mixes !

Cheers,
Than

Last edited by a moderator:
Guitars are once again Gibson Custom => Great River NV1 =>
RME AD =>Recabinet 4.

Bass is Warwick $$ 5 NT, same chain as the guitars only I used an ampeg pf500 and mxr di+.

Than

Can you share or discuss your great river settings for DI tracks that will be reamped with software. I also own 1nv. I tend to try to run it fairly clean for guitar and a little thicker for bass. Just curious to your methods/insights.
Cheers

Studdy,

I use it the exact same way as you, only lately I use it completely clean for both. If I reamp through an amp then I might add a bit of grit (if needed).

For vocals I tend to turn on the gain to 25, it then gives more of the "iron" characteristic that helps vocals cut through no matter what.

Having said that, I have emailed great river to ask for a clarification on the impedance and loading buttons. I recorded another cover having these 2 "in" and although the sound becomes fuller, I get the impression that transients are affected/smeared a bit ?

What's your experience so far ?

I really love it on bass, I tend to run the input hotter and the output down for more "beef" , somewhat similar on vocals depending on how "clean" I want them. Generally just the loading button is in, but I do play with it. For electric guitars to be run through amp sims (recabinet etc.) I'm not sure how I feel yet. Lately I've been curious to try some clean go to di boxes but if I'm going to run them through my great river anyway what am I really accomplishing. So far on guitar I tend to lower the input knob and raise the out out knob, I get the cleanest signal that way. As far as your comment on the +25 gain you add, that is always dependent on the source for me. And to be honest I usually use a sm7b and it needs a ton more gain than that usually. On softer parts/tracks I can even be up around the 50+ gain. Cheers, nice job.