Waah waah waah!

Opet

in my den of inequity
May 1, 2001
RI, USA
At work last week, I figured because I'm such a nice gal, that I'd do some girl a favor and make her punch-in/punch-out procedure at work much easier. Out of 53 people, she's the only one that doesn't give it much thought. She'd punch-in and just put her card anywhere on the card racks when everyone else takes the time to find their card slots.

So, I said here Cindy you can just use this one spot and it'll be really easy. All week I've been trying to remind her of it. THIS ALL STARTED BECAUSE I WAS TRYING TO MAKE THINGS EASIER FOR HER!!! Instead, I get totally ragged on. I'm talking to my boss like "...if we need to get rid of some folders, let me know. Cindy's time here is about up." I'm trying to get fired now! Why? Well, I gave her the benefit of the doubt and told myself "OK, she may actually be that dumb. Be patient." So, I started putting little sticky notes on her card and leaving in the right spot on the rack.

I KNOW, THIS IS SUCH A SMALL STUPID THING.

So, after a week of reminders, I put one on again this morning. Very nice and asking for her to try and remember to put her card here at all times. I wanted to eaves drop on her on her way out and see if she made any snide remarks. Sure enough. She says to someone on the way down the stairs that I'm just trying to get attention and that she doesn't care what I want. She wasn't going to do it.

I'm so shocked when people act like this to me when all I've been is understanding and kind to them. I just can't fucking understand what makes people be such assholes sometimes. I think I'm just way too fucking sensitive.

What do you think? I need a reality check or something. I really want to get even with her though. Make her pay in some way for being such an ass. Like maybe loose her timecard and she won't get paid for a week, but in the end. I would just have to deal with her more to get her compensated because I'm in charge of doing it. I've told my boss and supervisor in a jokingly why what she said to see what their reactions would be. They weren't too concerned. It was more funny than insulting.

I let this...this NOBODY hurt my feelings! :mad: She's nothing to me yet I'm all worked up over it. I hate that I have to work with her and see her every day. I hate it.

:cry:

Really, try not to make a mountain out of a mole hill. I do it all the time, I turn the tiniest thing into that an idssue that nearly turns me insane. There's no use getting back either, just ignore her, and continue being nice to people if it gives you satisfaction. For the one person that doesn't appreciate what you do, there will be 10 that DO. But forget about her, she obviously doesn't give a shit, so you shouldn't give a shit either. If the rules are to put the time card in the right place, and she breaks the rules, well, if she keeps doing it, it's her job. And if she continues to be a pain, you can always assist her in losing her job. Try not to let it get to you...

Or just fart into her sandwich or something.

Let it go.

Most people are assholes, and wouldn't appreciate a good hand put forth to them, much less understand when someone is just trying to be nice.

Your "initial" favor from your perspective was just that, but it's obvious that the person on the other end wasn't open for this kind of care, and either took it in some other way, or is just a heartless inconsiderate little twit.

My philosophy: if you "feel" you need to reach out to someone, do it without expectation of anything in return, that way, no hurt involved. If someone gives back that "love", it's a bonus, otherwise, it's just plain human nature. You tried - and then move on.

I'd have to agree with MMCPA... I've been down that road myself and while it tends to be rather annoying when somebody doesn't appreciate your good intentions, in the end, you're still the better person for having tryed... That's how I look at it...

Well, I rethought what happened. Saw it from a different perspective. Your comments helped lighten my mood regarding it though and thanks. :) I forgot what someone from this god-forsaken town once said to me. "Well, who the hell asked ya?" I remember the first time I heard it. Its so NOT like me. I was dumb founded.

It must be their town motto. I think that's the general attitude around here and I tend to forget it at times because...it sure the hell isn’t mine.

SO! IT'S FRIDAY! Moving on. Back to the music...
Headphones_anim.gif