Wacken 2006

JesseGB

New Metal Member
Mar 28, 2006
Is there any chance Kalmah will be playing Wacken this year, absolutely dying to see them play The Black Waltz live and have decided to atten Wacken for the first time this year. The lineup is looking OK in general at the moment, but its a mixed bag with some unwanted metalcore in there and it is a bit heavy on the rock side - I mean Whitesnake, a respected band but a bit hard rock for Wacken in my opinion.

What does everyone else think to the lineup and think to Kalmah playing, especially if you are attending this year?

If Kalmah doesn't play this year they better play next year. Because I'm going next year, and i want to see them while I'm travelling Europe :)

i think they are playing at tuska this year as well :) to bad that i live to far from tuska and wacken..if i dident i would go :)

I'm going to wacken this year, and if they are playing next year then im gonna be damnned if i dont go next year!
My ideal wacken bands list:

Kalmah
Eternal Tears Of Sorrow
Norther
Children of Bodom
Suidakra
Arch Enemy
Catamenia
For my pain
and of course there are other bands such as Cradle of filth, dimmu borgir, iron maiden? hehe but they are too good to be true

Well, as far as I know, Tuska never books same band twice in a row. There is always a year in the middle. It's their policy, has been for a quite long time.
But there are always exceptions like this year Stam1na, a finnish band which also played last year but has HUGE success in Finland.
I wouldn't mind if Kalmah plays there twice, but it seems bit unlike to happen.

And I know that guys would love to play in Wacken, but mostly those things are out of bands hands. Maybe you guys should contact Wacken instead of a band... :)

well, it's worth every freakin cent to play in wacken because ppl from around da world go there .. etc
We should do something about it! contact spinefarm or w/e .. (dreaming of Kalmah playin in Wacken 06)

It IS worth every freakin' cent or dime, or penny.
But you know, the festivals book bands. Not otherwise. Unfortunately...
I am sure that every band in Europe wants to play in Wacken, but the promotors are the ones who rule... ;)
Contact them, that's the channel they listen. And money of course... Bands have very little to say about their performing in different venues. Promotors does the talking, choosing, booking and cashing...

Well I think it would be helpful if u and others would do that, but maybe too late also. Most of the bands may have been booked already. But it's always better for next time. And of course we don't know how it's going to go though...

no it's not! Arch Enemy just confirmed 2 days ago!
they want the material via post! ;\