Wacken Open Air 2007

s_a_o

The Face of Melinda
Mar 9, 2006
I haven't seen a thread about this yet... and it seems to fit into the General Metal category.... So, here it goes.

Who is going to Wacken this August? Anybody have any tips for what sort of things to bring?

And and and and, does anybody want to meet up there?

I wish I could go, but being out of the country and all is a little too much for a concert considering my age. I would suggest bringing A LOT of money due to the massive amount of merch you'll be wanting to purchase there. Also I would suggest bringing your own food and drinks because I can assume they charge up the arse for the essential nutrition.

the past 2 yaers ive had plans to go and work has fucked em up. hopefully im gonna go this year, but im not gonna jinx myself by saying i will definitely
~gR~

Aww, that's a bummer.

you have no idea, i had my leave scheduled, and i was goig to buy my tickets the next day, then the commander cancelled all leave because we were getting a 2nd jet. oooooh i was so pissed. all my deployment money and i couldnt go. so i bought a new guitar isntead hah
~gR~

I have always wanted to go and still do!!! I hope one day & SOOOON! Any word on a line-up this year or too early?

I'm pretty sure I'll go this year, wanting for a couple of years now but I never had the money, now I do. Any idea how much tickets are this year?

Any word on a line-up this year or too early?

The complete billing (new bands are signed with an *):

AMORPHIS
DIE APOKALYPTISCHEN REITER *
BELPHEGOR
BENEDICTUM *
THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER
BLACK MAJESTY
BLIND GUARDIAN
CANNIBAL CORPSE
COMMUNIC
DIMMU BORGIR - one and only Open Air Show in Germany 2007 *
DISILLUSION
ENSLAVED
GRAVE DIGGER
HAGGARD
HEAVEN SHALL BURN
IMMORTAL - Reunion, one and only Open Air Show in Germany 2007
IN FLAMES
J.B.O.
KAMPFAR
LACUNA COIL *
LETZTE INSTANZ
MOONSORROW
MOONSPELL
MUNICIPAL WASTE *
NAPALM DEATH
NEAERA
RAGE & Lingua Mortis Orchester
SACRED REICH 20th anniversary *
SAMAEL
SAXON - A Night To Remember
SCHANDMAUL
SONIC SYNDICATE
STORMWARRIOR feat. Kai Hansen
STRATOVARIUS - Only Open Air Show in Germany
THERION
TYR
VADER *
THE VISION BLEAK *
VOLBEAT

and many more!

anyone who doesnt want to travel to germany is a fool. its not like you have to leave the country after the fest. everyone should travel around europe (and the rest of the world), its good for you. definitely money well spent.

my initial plans (but like i said, not confirmed due to jinxing) is to start in germany then head east through austria, hungary, and romania.
~gR~

often their bands list isnt updated until a week after its announced in the news section. chthonic isnt on that list either, though they were just recently added to the bands page
~gR~

anyone who doesnt want to travel to germany is a fool. its not like you have to leave the country after the fest. everyone should travel around europe (and the rest of the world), its good for you. definitely money well spent.

my initial plans (but like i said, not confirmed due to jinxing) is to start in germany then head east through austria, hungary, and romania.
~gR~

You're always welcome to pass through Gierle :headbang:

and nice line-up *feels even more confident in going*

@metalwrath: I live about 35 minutes outside of New York City. If you live in the tristate area, then I'm right up your alley.

I'm going to Wacken and then I'm spending a week or so in Hamburg basically exploring. I've always wanted to go Germany so I figure it will be cool to get all of this done at the same time.

It's less of an issue for me at this point, though, because my aunt is using her frequent flier miles for my roundtrip ticket as a graduation present... So all I'm really spending money on is my Wacken ticket, a bed in a youth hostel for my post-Wacken adventure, and whatever Merch I decided to buy when I'm there.