WACKEN OPEN AIR 2011!

The biggest Metal festival in the world always is deserving of it's own thread.
Not sure who's planning the trip next year but already confirmed are:

AIRBOURNE
APOCOLYPTICA
AVANTASIA
BLIND GUARDIAN
MAYHEM
SUICIDAL TENDENCIES
and many many more to come be sure of that....

Wacken20112nd.jpg

Also some interesting news from the organisers here:

World Premiere – W:O:A multimedia 3D Panorama

The first chance to see the Wacken Open Air from all sights!

With the 3D 360° Panorama you can have exclusive aspects of the Wacken Open Air, never seen pictures of the festival and backstage impression in high quality 3D. Being the first festival worldwide which created such a unique roundwalk over the whole festivalground, W:O:A sets new benchmarks regarding fan friendlyness.
You can explore the festival area before, during and after the festival, have a look behind the stages and find out where the artists party.
The 3D Panorama consists of 80 single Panorama and includes special sound effects and video clips.
The route skirts you through the village to the Info Office. Then you can have a look at the stage or take a walk at the infield. After a trip to the beer garden you arrive at the campground from where you can visit the Wacken Plaza and the Wackinger Village and if you take a look at the sky you´ll find an awesome 3 D look out of the helicopter.

Backstage you may see a VIP in the Artist or VIP area!?
Don´t pass up this opportunity and have a look at:

http://panorama.wacken.com/

MMMM.. How I would have loved to of seen when Bloodbath performed this festival a few years back... Sigh.

Avantasia, Apocalyptica and Suicidal Tendencies as three of the four "big names" so far?

What a load of shit. That's barely exciting by Australian festival standards let alone for Wacken.

Perhaps, for a change, they're focusing on a solid medium-sized lineup right down the line rather than concentrating on just a couple of big headliners? Not that it matters to me, won't be able to attend anyway.

Avantasia, Apocalyptica and Suicidal Tendencies as three of the four "big names" so far?

What a load of shit. That's barely exciting by Australian festival standards let alone for Wacken.

Everyone said the line up last year was shit but i still had an awesome time.
Personally i'd be more excited to see AVANTASIA than say SLAYER or MOTLEY crue who were some of the big headliners this year. But that's just my misguided opinion Holland.:D

My wish list would be for them to add ENFORCER, WOLF, UNLEASHED, VIOLATOR and DARKER HALF though.

I think that they know what they are doing and are harldy going to announce bands that aren't going to pack the place out with drunken masses. So while some here aren't excited by those mentioned, there are certainly going to be many others.

ACCUSER
AIRBOURNE
APOCOLYPTICA
AVANTASIA
BLAAS OF GLORY
BLIND GUARDIAN
EXCREMENTORY GRINFUCKERS
HAYSEED DIXIE
HEAVEN SHALL BURN
IN SOLITUDE
JUDAS PRIEST
KHOLD