Wacken Open Air 25th anniversary (Wacken 2014)

caex

May 15, 2004
Hendersonville, NC
The organizers of Wacken have announced the first bands for next years 25th anniversary. They are:

Amon Amarth
Apocalyptica
Arch Enemy
Avantasia
Behemoth
Children of Bodom
Emperor (20th anniversary of In the Nightside Eclipse show)
Iced Earth
King Diamond
Kreator
Prong
Schandmaul

If I can get a ticket before they sell out, I will go since I know people who are going that I can camp with, it's the easiest euro fest for me to go to.

The organizers of Wacken have announced the first bands for next years 25th anniversary. They are:

Amon Amarth
Apocalyptica
Arch Enemy
Avantasia
Behemoth
Children of Bodom
Emperor (20th anniversary of In the Nightside Eclipse show)
Iced Earth
King Diamond
Kreator
Prong
Schandmaul

If I can get a ticket before they sell out, I will go since I know people who are going that I can camp with, it's the easiest euro fest for me to go to.

That's a good lineup so far.

Don't they usually sell out very quickly? When do the other fests announce their lineups? I do want to go to a Euro fest next year, and Wacken might be it with this Emperor announcement...just don't know when the other ones start releasing their lineups so I can choose.

Don't they usually sell out very quickly? When do the other fests announce their lineups? I do want to go to a Euro fest next year, and Wacken might be it with this Emperor announcement...just don't know when the other ones start releasing their lineups so I can choose.

They all start announcing around this time.

And, yeah, Wacken sells out relatively fast. This years show sold out in about a month.

Also good to remember that, according to Tobias Sammet, Avantasia's show next year at Wacken may very well be the last Avantasia show ever...

Well, I won't be getting a ticket after all, didn't expect it to sell out in less than two fucking days!
Avantasia and an Emperor reunion, with the King and Behemoth and you are surprised? I am surprised it took THAT long.