Wacken Rocks Brazil - 2009

Bitencourt29

Dec 22, 2007
Sao Paulo, Brazil
I've just read about it and decided to share with you people. It's great news for us down here, as we haven't received such huge Metal Events in a decade (Last one was Philips Monsters of Rock, back in 1998 - Slayer, Megadeth, Dream Theather, Savatage, Manowar, Glen Hughes, Dorsal Atlantica and other shit)

The world's biggest Metal Event will have its first version out of Germany in 2009, when it celebrates its 20th edition.

It will happen in Sao Paulo :) and was named "Wacken Rocks Brazil", at the end of 2008's event. The dates are May 16th and 17th (Saturday and Sunday) next year.

The event's theme will be "Faster - Harder - Louder". There are negotiations with other partners to expand the event and take it to other countries, like Australia.

The first bands mentioned (but not yet confirmed) are AC/DC and Metallica, which would, of course, be headliners.

It would be a great opportunity for you guys to come to Brazil and check Sao Paulo, which is a fun city. I'll certainly be there, and it would be great to receive UM's people from around the globe. :kickass:

Sounds nifty. Brazil deserves it.

Thanks, I'm pretty sure it will be a great Metal Festival.

They've chosen the best possible place in São Paulo, organizers are professionals from Germany and local partners, crowd will be massive....

My only concern, now, is to see if they'll really attract the best bands. I intend to keep posting as organizers confirm bands.

BTW, isn't Kastigation GR's band? Nice logo!! Perhaps you guys could come and play down here :)

Yeah, gR and I are in the same band. He turned me on to the forum, as well.

We'd play in Brazil if we had visas and were guaranteed payment to cover the necessary travel fees. I'd actually love to play in Brazil or Chile. You guys have the best crowds.

You guys have the best crowds.

That's what some bands do say. BTW you can check that by watching some of the live CDs and DVDs recorded in Rio and Sao Paulo.

Getting Visas isn't difficult. You should be careful about your payment, though. There are a few bastard agents who would bring the band, collect the money and then vanish :erk:

But not in such Events. WRB will be well organized, by professional, serious people.

Well first we gotta work on going national. Then we'll talk about Europe or South America.

In other words, it'll be some years. But look at the bright side: we'll have plenty of material and merch by then, possibly a couple albums, but at least one full-length.

Well, they're not confirmed.

We can expect anything, really. I thought We would never see Carcass playing in São Paulo, and a gig was just announced to next November.

Well, so far we have no bands confirmed.

But the place was already announced. The event will happen in a huge place called Arena Anhembi, where São Paulo's Carnival parades usually take place.

I'm pretty sure it will be amazing, you guys shouldn't miss it (Hope they get a fine cast of bands, I believe they will).

SEPULTURA!

As long as they play a "Reunion" gig, I'm in!! :kickass:

Some brazilian mags say the four original members could indeed get together for a series of shows, which would be totally amazing.

I saw them playing twice (original members) and they were a fucking A live band (Max and Iggor Cavalera, plus Paulo Jr. and Andreas Kisser).

Would be so awesome to go, then i could first go to Wacken, then go see a Sao Paolo football game, and then maybe drool over some hot Brazilian chicks.

Would be so awesome to go, then i could first go to Wacken, then go see a Sao Paolo football game, and then maybe drool over some hot Brazilian chicks.

You're most welcome, Sir, with one condition: You'll watch a Corinthians football game at Pacaembu stadium. That's Sao Paulo's most popular team, with a fantastic crowd. The other teams (Sao Paulo and Palmeiras) are for suckers.

Brazilian chicks? You'll be drooling like a fucking baby, mate. There's a few great places I would be glad to take you :heh: