Wah/Cry Pedals?

DayOfDarknessWithin

Down For Life
Mar 23, 2002
Prince George, BC
Visit site
I'm looking to get a Wah/Cry Pedal, I've never even used one before so I was wondering if anyone knew of some good ones I could check out. I'd like to get one that you can "toe-up and down" with. Or a good Expression pedal for my Multi-Effects Pedal.
Thanks.:)

Cry Baby -Traditional choise. Very good wah for all kinds of music. Get the 95Q if you dont want to use on/off button... You just stomp on to activate... I use this and love it!

Bad horsie -I think it's used by Hammet and Vai if I remember correctly. Fits like a glove in heavy metal!

I think you'd better go check out the specs of these and others in the makers homepages...

Depends on the wah sound you want. If you don't mind a sound that is (in my opinion) a bit characterless, then go for a morley. I had one and hated the wah sound. The only real good thing about the bad horsie is that you don't have to turn it on and off manually. The pots also last longer before going scratchy(which is no real big deal in my opinion).

If you want something with a bit more of an own voice then try out a cry baby or a vox, the vox limited edition wah's are nice as well due to their extended range (been using one for years now). The dimebag signature wah looks very tasty though, and I am considering splashing out on that...

I think that roland makes a v-wah (wah modeller) that sounds quite good allegedly, and there are also several boutique wah pedals out there to have a look at.