Waiting for the punchline

daz436

Konfused
Feb 13, 2006
I've always admired the band Extreme mainly thanks to Nuno Bettencourt's masterful composition skills, and command of the guitar.
I've had their entire discography since before it came to an end in 1995, and I've always seen the album 'Waiting for the punchline' as their weakest album because it was such a huge departure from their previous 'Funk Metal' releases... but listening to it recently after a good 6 or 7 years i now see it as their best effort.
some stuff reminds me alot of the album morning view by incubus and the instrumental 'Midnight Express' is probably my favourite instrumental track for a long long time.

its quite a chilled and laid back album in comparison to their older stuff and the drums (mike mangini) and bass (patrick badger) play their biggest role in this album out of all of their efforts.

anyone familiar with the work of this band or this particular album? any thoughts? I really really reccomend this..

hopefully this thread will get some form of response :)

OFF TOPIC!!!!...im just kidding, ive heard a few songs from extreme, nuno is amazing...but thats all i can conribute to this thread, so im off lol

They're not that good because there are bands from the 70s that are better than them. I won't tell you their names, or really explain at all why I don't like them - this pretty much destroys your chances of constructing a counter-argument. So really, they're a terrible band.

On another note, has anybody heard of 'Anti-Ben'. This band is a comedy metal band or whatever, and they have a song called "dave Mathews ripped me off (and so did Opeth)" or something.

Sanzen said:
They're not that good because there are bands from the 70s that are better than them. I won't tell you their names, or really explain at all why I don't like them - this pretty much destroys your chances of constructing a counter-argument. So really, they're a terrible band.

Hahahaha! That's a dead-on impression. Well done! :lol:

Sanzen said:

You guys assume i feel i owe you any answers to my opinions or rationale. Or care enough to give you a chance to retort. Your ignorance is showcased. I observe and comment. End of story, youre done. I could care less if you think im full of shit, ive shown plenty of times in the past that i do indeed know what im talking about. If you werent around for it, then your loss...not my problem.

and yes, extreme was pretty tasty back in the day.