WAMI Project Featuring VINNY APPICE, DOOGIE WHITE, MARCO MENDOZA: Debut Album Title R

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
WAMI, the brand new project featuring vocalist Doogie White (RAINBOW, MICHAEL SCHENKER, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN), drummer Vinny Appice (BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL, DIO) and bassist Marco Mendoza (THIN LIZZY, WHITESNAKE) alongside 16-year-old Polish guitarist Iggy Gwadera, will release its debut album, "Kill The King", this spring via Metal Mind Productions. WAMI is currently promoting the album in Poland with the track "Guardian Of Your Heart", which features guest appearance by Piotr Cugowski from the popular Polish rock band BRACIA. The first international single, "Wild Woman (You Oughta Know)", will be released on March 11. The idea to record an album together was born after THIN LIZZY's concert in Poland. Mendoza — impressed with Iggy, who supported THIN LIZZY with his band ANTI TANK NUN — suggested that they record some music together. This first idea, which was maturing for the next dozen-odd months, eventually evolved into the above-mentioned project. In a recent issue of Polish edition of Metal Hammer magazine, Vinny stated about WAMI: "The music is quite heavy. but not as dark as, for example, BLACK SABBATH or KILL DEVIL HILL. It's melodic music, and very well performed. I would label it high-quality heavy rock." He added: "When I first heard that music, I really liked it. Later on, I was informed that the guitarist is only 16 years old. I thought, 'Wow, what an incredible instrumentalist.' And then I learnt that Marco Mendoza will be involved in this project and that made me even more interested in this idea. The demo versions of the tracks sounded very promising so I can't wait for the final results."

More...