Want one of Steve Vai's guitars?

Winning bid: US $26,600.00
that guitar is sweet!!! wonder how much to just touch it?
wow what a huge help that will be for the culteri family. there's also a benefit show this saturday at the house of blues hollywood with both vai and satch performing - now that'd be cool to see! i wonder if the winner will pick it up himself like offered in the auction.

Paul Gilbert is great but everything is about speed, speed, speed! How about a little melody? I have a few G-3 dvd's, one with Malmsteen, Vai and Satch, everything Malmsteen did sounded exactly the same, it didn't matter what song he was playing in, same riffs, different song :) Malmsteen's great but too one dimensional.

Schmidt_Rubin said:
Paul Gilbert is great but everything is about speed, speed, speed! How about a little melody? I have a few G-3 dvd's, one with Malmsteen, Vai and Satch, everything Malmsteen did sounded exactly the same, it didn't matter what song he was playing in, same riffs, different song :) Malmsteen's great but too one dimensional.

The intro to Green Tinted Sixties Mind is pretty melodic no?

Schmidt_Rubin said:

Paul didn't try to "outshred" any of the guitarists at the show. Instead he played some very cool blues riffs. You need to get some of his solo CDs and you will hear how diverse of a guitarist he really is. He is also a great songwriter!

Paul is amazing! He's a funny guy! Very animated and it comes across in his playing too. He sat in with my band Phantom Blue years ago at the Troubadour on one song but he didn't play the guitar; he played the drums! Damn, he's one of those guys who can do anything he wants to and is good at it all! :worship:

Doodoobubbachuck said:
Paul is amazing! He's a funny guy! Very animated and it comes across in his playing too. He sat in with my band Phantom Blue years ago at the Troubadour on one song but he didn't play the guitar; he played the drums! Damn, he's one of those guys who can do anything he wants to and is good at it all! :worship:

Wow!!!! How was he as a drummer? What did you guys play? Damn, I hate such talented people!!! :cry: :lol: