Want to Know Who Glenn Has Hand-Picked to Work Backstage?

PurpleCrayonWriter

Just a Kid at Heart
Good morning,

I just posted the first of a series of interviews I conducted with Glenn's backstage crew, perhaps the real unsung heroes of ProgPowerUSA.

The format for my interviews was six questions, all the same, sent via e-mail to Glenn. In turn, Glenn sent them to his staff. They sent them to me.

The answers are great! These people have wonderful stories to tell.

If you'd like to get to know the people behind the scenes, "The Crew" that makes ProgPowerUSA the seamless metal machine that it is, visit www.notesfromtheotherside.com. And check back often. I'll post an interview with a different crew member every couple of days.

Cheers,

Bill

Harvester said:
JD: "The crew comes in and spends 20 hours a day on their feet lugging really heavy things like amps, speaker cabinets, egos, etc"

LOL.

Well, Tobias Sammet, even with ego, couldn't weight much more than 125!

Cheiron said:
I want to know what the strangest thing a band has ever requested.

Some of the tour riders we get are pretty crazy. Needless to say this being a festival situation not everything applies...Id say some have the "green m&m's" kinda stuff :)

Im sure some of the other crew guys will have some pretty interesting things to say...

Thanks for putting that up, it was a nice read.

Anybody remember the year of Biff hustling across the stage during Evergrey's set?

I think his name was Biff or was it Bart? Nah, it was Biff...

BABS said:
Thanks for putting that up, it was a nice read.

Anybody remember the year of Biff hustling across the stage during Evergrey's set?

I think his name was Biff or was it Bart? Nah, it was Biff...

Bif ruled! He was a 'celebrity' in the crew world, touring with the likes of Metallica and pretty much every other band you can think of. He was also on some reality show in Sweden, the equivalent of Real World on MTV. Correct me if Im wrong Harv, but I think he retired from being a roadie? He was so fun to have backstage...total pro....and [seemingly] a nudist as well. :) Oh the stories.

Biffen DID quit the road for a while.. he was running a boys home or something like that - he was sort of a recreation director ??
I heard he got the bug again and had been back out on tour... he is a trip and one helluva nice guy. He knows his s**t !!
You're lucky that it was only his shirt that was off during that set... ;)

Wayniac said:
Biffen DID quit the road for a while.. he was running a boys home or something like that - he was sort of a recreation director ??
I heard he got the bug again and had been back out on tour... he is a trip and one helluva nice guy. He knows his s**t !!
You're lucky that it was only his shirt that was off during that set... ;)
This is a crappy picture, but I think it says enough. This is the Bif, right? http://www.beyondearcandy.com/site/index.php?option=com_zoom&Itemid=135&page=view&catid=16&PageNo=4&key=31&hit=1

I only know one "roadie" personally, but I can honestly say that "iron Mike" busts his ass for PP and has for several years. I have seen him waltz in to a party VERY late with sweat still beading on his forehead.
All of those guys deserve an applause. Glenn doesn't have enough money to get my scrawny ass to do that kind of stuff (no offense Glenn) but someone has to do it and Mike loves it. I say a big double devil horns up to all of the PP crew. It wouldn't happen without all of you guys and though I may not know who you are, you are deeply appreciated by me.

Bryant