WARLORD: The Holy Empire, with Mark Zonder on drums

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
From http://www.bravewords.com/news/198303 :

Los Angeles, CA-based dark epic power metallers WARLORD will release their new album, The Holy Empire, in March. The album will be available on CD and digitally via Sons Of A Dream Music / Battle Hymns Music.

Check out the album artwork below:

p17ijhalib4up1qpd1cikia81uuq4.jpg

The band recently announced that the new album will be engineered and mastered by the multi-Grammy award winner Phil Magnotti (FATES WARNING, OVERKILL, ARCH/MATHEOS, O.S.I.).

Says Warlord: "Warlord is returning to Phil after his excellent work on the Rising Out Of The Ashes album, as well as several Fates Warning projects. Rest assured that the new Warlord album will be of the highest quality production."

A promo video for the new album can be seen below:

Warlord lineup:

William J Tsamis (LORDIAN) - all Instruments
Mark S Zonder (FATES WARNING) - drums and all percussion

Updates to follow. More on Warlord at this location.

Last edited by a moderator:
used to LOVE this band!!! Mrs. Victoria kicks ALL kinds of ass!!!!

I just got back from Keep It True...Warlord was such a HUGE letdown. They didnt have the guy on the new album singing. They had this austrailian singer who just couldnt hit the notes right. Plus there was some tech issues in the first part of the set that also made it sound not so good. Plus they were not very tight but that did get better near the last half of the set. While it was cool to see this rare appearance it just didnt live up to what I had hoped.

I just got back from Keep It True...Warlord was such a HUGE letdown. They didnt have the guy on the new album singing. They had this austrailian singer who just couldnt hit the notes right. Plus there was some tech issues in the first part of the set that also made it sound not so good. Plus they were not very tight but that did get better near the last half of the set. While it was cool to see this rare appearance it just didnt live up to what I had hoped.

that sucks to hear. i have listened to the entire new album streaming online and I wasn't impressed at all. It just kind of meanders along with nothing really standing out and keeping my attention - which isn't the Warlord of the past. It is a shame because I own numerous versions of the catalog, but this will not be joining my collection.

that sucks to hear. i have listened to the entire new album streaming online and I wasn't impressed at all. It just kind of meanders along with nothing really standing out and keeping my attention - which isn't the Warlord of the past. It is a shame because I own numerous versions of the catalog, but this will not be joining my collection.

yeah the new one is more Lordian Guard than Warlord in my opinion.

yeah I didn't think the new one was anything special AT ALL either :erk: