Warrel Dane

I love his solo record. It's easily a top fiver for me this year. I've been listening to it alot. I'll go read your interview....

I think Praises to the War Machine is excellent in every way. I think of it as a mix between Nevermore and A Perfect Circle, and the cover of Paul Simon's Patterns is fantastic (probably my favorite track), but I do think This Godless Endeavor is Nevermore's best album (and better than Praises). Still, Praises has NO bad songs on it, NONE.

I'd say Nevermore is one of my top five metal bands easy these days. Every record manages to somehow be more accessible, and yet heavier than the last. I just hope they release a lot more! Warrel is almost 50 - not that old, but getting up there.

Delize, do you already have the Jeff Loomis record? I thought it wasn't out until August. I can't wait to hear it. I've heard one track...but that's it. I'm a big fan of his. I just bought his new Schechter signature model guitar. It's my first 7 string, and I'm having a lot of fun playing it. It just plain sounds HEAVY.

Dane's album is one of few really asskicking CDs released this year!
Jeff's solo CD sounds like Nevermore without vocals and with more soloing - great riffwise and whatever, but I can't stand instrumental metal.
OTOH, if WD had sung on that record it would've been new Nevermore so... :)

I think Praises to the War Machine is excellent in every way. I think of it as a mix between Nevermore and A Perfect Circle, and the cover of Paul Simon's Patterns is fantastic (probably my favorite track), but I do think This Godless Endeavor is Nevermore's best album (and better than Praises). Still, Praises has NO bad songs on it, NONE.

I'd say Nevermore is one of my top five metal bands easy these days. Every record manages to somehow be more accessible, and yet heavier than the last. I just hope they release a lot more! Warrel is almost 50 - not that old, but getting up there.

Delize, do you already have the Jeff Loomis record? I thought it wasn't out until August. I can't wait to hear it. I've heard one track...but that's it. I'm a big fan of his. I just bought his new Schechter signature model guitar. It's my first 7 string, and I'm having a lot of fun playing it. It just plain sounds HEAVY.

You're going to love it! I'm not sure about the release date, but it's a ride. It's all instrumental, which is fine with me.

Congrats on the new guitar! :)