Warwick basses?

Forge Farm

Oct 6, 2004
Aveiro, Portugal
Hello all.

I remember reading somewhere in this forum that warwick basses are good for recording metal. Anyone has experience with this? What model would you recommend? I'm looking for something with quality, but affordable.

Thank you.

Nuno

i think warwick basses sound really good. really solid bass tone. ive heard them sound amazing even through a super crappy rig. im sure they arent for everyone, but i would at least try them out. the corvette model in bubinga wood is really nice, so isnt the thumb model. check them out.

I LOVE my warwick, i've got a 5 string Warwick with active p-ups. It's not too expensive (not really cheap either) and plays like a dream, sound is awesome.
If you want one that's a bit cheaper you can go for the Rock Bass series, i've tried em out a couple of times and they handle great, i don't know about recording em though since i've never tried that, but warwicks in general sound awesome.

I own Warwick Corvette Standard and I really like it. It's '96 model and is equipped with Bartolini J-pickups and Aquilar OBP-3 preamp (=sweet).

You can get used Corvette in Europe quite cheap (500-600 euros) if you have patience to wait for a good deal to pop up. Try to look Warwicks made before year '98 because they are equipped with better woods (wenge fretboard and neck made from same piece).

Good hunting! :)