WAS THERE EVER AN EXPLANATION AS TO WHO'S IDEA OR WHY THEY CHOSE TO PLAY

AlexStomp

Feb 7, 2002
DC area
Visit site
SAFE HOME ACOUSTICALLY ON NBC?????

It seems to me that it could have been a good way to show the U.S., at least the casual late night t.v. viewer that works a 9-5 job how much Anthrax rocks hard live. As nice a performance they put on, for the die hard fans that have seen Safe Home a millions times balls out live, I think they should have rocked out balls out. Make a statement.

A tatted ball dude with a colorful 10 inch beard should not be restrained to a stool with an "unplugged" guitar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AlexStomp said:
SAFE HOME ACOUSTICALLY ON NBC?????

It seems to me that it could have been a good way to show the U.S., at least the casual late night t.v. viewer that works a 9-5 job how much Anthrax rocks hard live. As nice a performance they put on, for the die hard fans that have seen Safe Home a millions times balls out live, I think they should have rocked out balls out. Make a statement.

A tatted ball dude with a colorful 10 inch beard should not be restrained to a stool with an "unplugged" guitar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it had something to do with limitations on the instruments, amps, drums, etc. that they could use on that stage. I either heard that from a band member or their manager at the time. I agree it would have been better plugged in.

prime666 said:
Alex, I'm still waiting for copy of that,,,

Well, Anthrax is playing in Springfield VA on Oct 6. Come and fucking get it !!!!!!!!!! I have off that day. The whole day too. I'll be getting wrecked. I might even throw a party or bbq down the street from the concert hall. My mom's backyard is walking distance to the club where Anthrax is playing at dude.

sufferer said:
Bands with real talent can play their songs acoustically and still have them sound good.

Yeah, I know that. But they don't need to prove that they can do that to your casual late night tv viewer. They need to prove to that audience that they still ROCK !!!!!!!!