Wasaya - Syrian Progressive Metal

I found this a few months ago. I enjoyed it quite a bit, despite the drum machine. He's clearly a multifaceted musician who can blend the Floydian style with a more energetic somewhat metal approach (more like mid-period PoS than an Evergrey or Redemption on the hardness scale).

Thanks for sharing, very refreshing to hear some new music like this. I can't imagine Syria being a hotbed for progressive metal, Tarek, have you done any shows there or anywhere on that side of the world? I love how Metal opens up doors for artist and fans alike that and it's refreshing hear from a part of the world that we normally wouldnt hear from .

thanks a lot 5150 :) you don't how much i need such a help because of the lack of marketing mediums i really appreciate it man (y)

zinescene.... I'm happy you like the album :) and regarding your question about the shows and concerts yes i did a couple of concerts here in Syria but it was long ago before the war started nowadays i concentrate on my musical projects recording and teaching music :) hopefully in the future i can do some concerts outside after USA fucking politicians decide to remove the sanctions and let us travel but till then we are all terrorists ;)

Love and peace
Tarek

thanks a lot 5150 :) you don't how much i need such a help because of the lack of marketing mediums i really appreciate it man (y)

zinescene.... I'm happy you like the album :) and regarding your question about the shows and concerts yes i did a couple of concerts here in Syria but it was long ago before the war started nowadays i concentrate on my musical projects recording and teaching music :) hopefully in the future i can do some concerts outside after USA fucking politicians decide to remove the sanctions and let us travel but till then we are all terrorists ;)

Love and peace
Tarek

Don't give up hope. If we can get a band from Iran to play a festival (progressive rock band Mavara played at ProgDay a couple of years ago.), someone can figure out how to get you over.

This is pretty great. I really love the flair in Paradox. Buying it today.

Glad you liked it. Spread the word. He needs all the help he can get. This is the kind of musician that needs a label and promotion. With music this good, there's no reason he couldn't sell 2 to 3 thousand copies with the right backing and connections.

In fact, this is the kind of musician that needs a song with weblink on the official ProgPower CD sampler.