WASP's first album

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
Man, i don't know what happened to Blackie and co. over the years but they FIRST WASP album has to be one of my top ten favorite metal albums. Songs like SCHOOL DAZE, LOVE MACHINE, HELLION, and of course I WANNA BE SOMEBODY still move me like the first time I heard 'em. I just love this album. I am listening to it now with a fat wad of SKOAL in my lip and it just can't get much better than this.
HELL YEAH.
Any other takers? Raise your glasses to the real WASP!

TVMFF!!!I love the First album it is my Favorite!!!! and the fact that you Named SCHOOL DAZE first Proves that you are 100% HEAVY METAL!!!! that record is Awsome its a CLASSIC!!! and it never gets old! HELL YEAH BUDDY!!! I'll raise a Coca~Cola to that!

Oh man. School Daze. The way they put the kids saying the Pledge in front of it and all...I was in the 6th grade when I got it! That really made me and my little buddies feel like we were 100% badasses listening to that at sleepovers! I don't know about you...but one of my best buds had an older brother. When we were like 12 he was already 16 and he totally turned us on to a whole new world of metal that other kids our age hadn't heard of yet. We thought we were so cool. (he also turned us on to other recreational activities. Let's just say his nickname was "bowl"! ahem...) But anyways, we would always sleepover at somebody's house on a Friday night after school. We'd pick out a good horror movie, watch that. Eat pizza, sneak cigarrettes and listen to some WASP! Headbanging and all...though we couldn't turn it up loud enough to wake the parents. Those are some great memories, man!

Yeah I loved Animal Fuck Like A Beast, WASP, The Last Command andhell even Inside
The Electric Circus I had a rare cassette from Germany of wasp covering Uriah Heep's
"Easy Livin'" and it shredded. But I didn't like anything after that perhaps because
I was living in europe at the time and started to listen to more euro-metal bands
and I started to loose interest in that band! But you folks are right those old
Wasp albums rule!!!!

I agree! I doubt WASP (Blackie) will ever eclipse his first album. I got the cassette for my 19th birthday from my friends and it knocked my socks off! It is also is one of my all time favorite albums and I still listen to it quite regularly.

"I want shiny cars and dirty money, lotsa rock and roll. I will live in fame and die in flames I'm NEVER gettin' old I WANNA BE SOMEBODY!..."

Absolutely Love it!

That first album is essential owning for everyone.

I remember buying my copy :heh: the LP was in the window of the record shop down the road from my school. Heard the name before, cool cover, only a quid, why not? When I took it home and pulled out the inner sleeve I was looking at the photos on that and the back cover and was thinking "Man, this is so bad-ass, how could this NOT rock?!". And I was hooked from the first listen :headbang:

A few months later a W.A.S.P. patch fell out of the sleeve! CHUFFED as FUCK I was! :D

The WASP debut is easily one of my favorite albums. It also has to be hands down one of THE catchiest metal albums ever made. Every single song has at least one hook that will never never let you go. It's a classic.

Ya know where I think WASP went wrong? Blackie quit playing bass. I really liked him better on the 4 string. I think when he switched to guitar (whether or not he wrote the music on guitar anyway) he kinda became more of the dictator in the band. Firing Chris Holmes doesn't help either. Chris Holmes was one of my first guitar heroes. So when he would get in and out of the band my interest would always peak and then plummett. The first two albums RULE, though, in my opinion.

Good to see other people that agree with me here! I've been telling everyone I know for ages that WASP have never and never will get close to the greatness of their self titled album, but all I hear is "Nah you're fucked, Headless Children and Crimson Idol are way better!" Pfft! The debut KILLS them!

Nah, I did forget to say, The Crimson Idol is probably the pinnacle of any band's career. The debut is essential for feel-good party music, while the Crimson Idol is...well, the opposite! Perfect for sulking and miserable moods :oops: A much deeper album, though to take that away from the debut would be to miss it's point entirely! -_-

It without a doubt is the best release that WASP ever put out!!!
I really liked the EP Animal fuck like a beast too!!
But it also has the distinction of being one of those cds where every song on it is good.....It's definetly and A+++

tedvanfrehley said:
Man, i don't know what happened to Blackie and co. over the years but they FIRST WASP album has to be one of my top ten favorite metal albums. Songs like SCHOOL DAZE, LOVE MACHINE, HELLION, and of course I WANNA BE SOMEBODY still move me like the first time I heard 'em. I just love this album. I am listening to it now with a fat wad of SKOAL in my lip and it just can't get much better than this.
HELL YEAH.
Any other takers? Raise your glasses to the real WASP!