Watch BUCKCHERRY's Electronic/Hip-Hop Side Project SPRAYGUN WAR Perform At EP Release Party

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
SPRAYGUN WAR, the new project featuring BUCKCHERRY singer Josh Todd and guitarist Stevie D., released its debut EP, "Into The Blackness", on June 10. A release show for the record was held on June 9 at Forgotten Saints in West Hollywood, California. Fan-filmed video footage of the performance can be seen below. SPRAYGUN WAR's first EP is a departure from BUCKCHERRY's sound and features strong electronic and hip-hop elements. A press release reads: "In the rock world, Josh Todd and Stevie D. have already conquered platinum and are part of the Grammy-nominated group BUCKCHERRY... Now branching out, they have successfully cultivated a hybrid of alternative, electronic dance, and hip-hop, into one powerful, and indescribable style not bound by genre. This is SPRAYGUN WAR, and sounds like 100% love for all music… Come decide for yourself at one of the select events around the world." "Into The Blackness" track listing: 01. OMG 02. Booty Big And Wide 03. Turn Out The Lights 04. El Sicario 05. Fury In a 2015 interview with 100% Rock, Todd stated about his love of hip-hop: "I went and saw 'Straight Outta Compton', which is the N.W.A. movie. I grew up in Orange County, California and 'Straight Outta Compton' was a huge record for me and all my friends, I used to get fucked up to that record and the story is incredible itself. I really enjoyed that. That was inspiring." Todd recently told Australia's Rolling Stone that BUCKCHERRY is working on an EP to follow last year's "Rock 'N' Roll" album.
spraygunwarforgottenposter.jpg
spraygunwarepcover.jpg

Continue reading...