Watch CALIBAN's 'Before Later Becomes Never' Video Feat. THY ART IS MURDER's CJ MCMAHON

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
German metallers CALIBAN have released the Iconographic-produced video for the song "Before Later Becomes Never". The track, which features guest vocals by CJ McMahon from THY ART IS MURDER, is taken from CALIBAN's upcoming album, "Elements", which will be released on April 6 via Century Media. CALIBAN guitarist Marc Görtz had this to say about the album cover: "We used the elements Earth, Air, Fire, and Water as symbols for realization, ideas, power, and emotion. These symbols inspire us to continue to do what we love the most, which is to create, evolve, and be inspired by our music. And these elements directly correspond to the cover art, which was done by Marcel Gadacz. He did the art for 'Gravity', so we're happy to have him back." For "Elements", CALIBAN brought back longtime collaborator — going all the way back to 2007's "The Awakening" — and studio wizard Benny Richter to co-produce with Görtz at his Nemesis Studios. CALIBAN also hired on German-based Andy Posdziech and buddy Sebastian "Sushi" Biesler, as well as Australian-based Callan Orr to assist in the recording process. "Elements" was mixed by Görtz and mastered by Olman Viper, whose repertoire includes previous CALIBAN albums "I Am Nemesis" (2012), "Ghost Empire" (2014), and "Gravity" (2016). "The production on 'Elements' was pretty different," says Görtz. "The instrumental side of the production was produced by me, Andy and Callan. Then, Benny and myself worked on fine-tuning the music. The vocals, however, were produced by Benny, with Sushi acting as a vocal coach. We wanted Benny to focus on the vocals and the vocal production. Getting them right was very important to us." "Elements" track listing: 01. This Is War 02. Intoxicated 03. Ich Blute Für Dich 04. Before Later Becomes Never 05. Set Me Free 06. My Madness 07. I Am Fear 08. Delusion 09. Carry On 10. Masquerade 11. Incomplete 12. The Great Unknown 13. Sleepers Awake CALIBAN is: Andreas Dörner - Vocals Denis Schmidt - Guitar Marc Görtz - Guitar Marco Schaller - Bass Patrick Grün - Drums
calibanelementscd.jpg

Continue reading...