Watch JIM MARTIN And ROBERT TRUJILLO Perform FAITH NO MORE's 'We Care A Lot' With...

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
INFECTIOUS GROOVES performed a cover version of the FAITH NO MORE classic "We Care A Lot" during the band's appearance at this weekend's Sick Bastards Social Fest in Brazil. Fan-filmed video footage of the performance can be seen below. INFECTIOUS GROOVES' reunited lineup on Sunday, November 17 at Espaço das Américas in São Paulo included frontman Mike Muir, METALLICA bassist Robert Trujillo and ex-FAITH NO MORE guitarist Jim Martin, alongside Brooks Wackerman (AVENGED SEVENFOLD) on drums and Dean Pleasants (SUICIDAL TENDENCIES) on second guitar. The event, which was curated by Muir, celebrated 34 years of the Brazilian radio station 89 A Rádio Rock. Also appearing with the band for "We Care A Lot" and a performance of the SUICIDAL TENDENCIES classic "Subliminal" was Trujillo's son Ty. Jim, who was filling in for original INFECTIOUS GROOVES guitarist Adam Siegel, previously played with INFECTIOUS GROOVES in 2013 at METALLICA's Orion Music + More festival at Belle Isle in Detroit, Michigan and again in 2014 at the Whisky A Go Go in West Hollywood, California. INFECTIOUS GROOVES was formed soon after Trujillo joined SUICIDAL TENDENCIES in 1989. Muir and Trujillo got together with some friends to write song that centered more around the bass, but with the intent of giving everyone else a whole lot of freedom. "SEX PISTOLS and PARLIAMENT were my two favorite bands when I was young," commented Muir. "People think they're completely different but I saw a lot of similarities, even if musically they were categorized as completely different styles. There's something beautiful about breaking rules that never should have been made."
infectiousgroovessickbastards.jpg

Continue reading...