Watch MEGADETH's DAVE MUSTAINE Blow Out Candles For 59th Birthday

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Dave Mustaine celebrated his 59th birthday this past Sunday (September 13) with a family get-together that was topped off by the MEGADETH mainman blowing out candles on a festive cake. Dave's wife of 29 years, Pamela Mustaine, took to her Instagram to share video of the happy moment, which saw several family members cheering the musician on as he extinguished the dozen or so burning candles. Mustaine and his family moved to Tennessee in October 2014 after living in Fallbrook, California for many years. Commenting on MEGADETH's nearly four-decade existence, Mustaine told New Zealand's Stuff in a 2013 interview: "Time flies. 30 years seems like a long time, but boy, it's over so quick. Sometimes I sit back and think how many things have happened over the years, and I guess the thing that makes me feel the best is when I see how many people who'll say, 'We met at a concert,' 'We got engaged at a concert,' 'We got pregnant at a concert,' all these things that they share. These landmarks, these mementoes, they're really cool." He continued: "I never thought I'd be doing this this long, [MEGADETH bassist] David Ellefson and I; it's crazy. And the fact we can have fun doing what we do, on top of that, just makes it so much more enjoyable." Mustaine was told he was cancer-free last October, five months after receiving his throat cancer diagnosis. The MEGADETH guitarist/vocalist revealed his cancer battle in June 2019 on social media, saying the doctors had given him a 90 percent chance of beating the illness. He later said that he underwent 51 radiation treatments and nine chemo treatments before being declared cancer-free.

View this post on Instagram

The happiest birthday boy? @davemustaine ❤️

A post shared by Pam Mustaine (@pammustaine) on Sep 14, 2020 at 9:06am PDT

Continue reading...