Watch Surviving NIRVANA Members Reunite At 2018 'Cal Jam'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
The surviving members of NIRVANA reunited at the end of FOO FIGHTERS' set at Cal Jam festival Saturday night (October 6) to perform six songs. Dave Grohl, Pat Smear (both of whom are members of FOO FIGHTERS) and Krist Novoselic (who played earlier in the day with his band GIANTS IN THE TREES) were joined during the NIRVANA mini-set by John McAuley of the band DEER TICK and Joan Jett. They played three songs with John on lead vocals — "Serve The Servants", "Scentless Apprentice" and "In Bloom" — before Joan took over for "Breed", "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and "All Apologies", with the latter featuring Brody Dalle on bass and Krist moving on to the accordion. Here's the setlist for last night's NIRVANA reunion: 01. Serve The Servants (with John McCauley) 02. Scentless Apprentice (with John McCauley) 03. In Bloom (with John McCauley) 04. Breed (with Joan Jett) 05. Smells Like Teen Spirit (with Joan Jett) 06. All Apologies (with Joan Jett and Brody Dalle) Jett previously fronted NIRVANA at the latter's Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction in 2014, while McAulay, along with Jett, took part in the induction aftershow party performance. The 2014 set consisted of 19 songs, with Lorde, Kim Gordon and St. Vincent also participating. Last year, Grohl looked back on NIRVANA's Rock Hall reunion, saying: "I got together with my old bandmates, Krist and Pat, and guests including Joan Jett and Lorde, and we played those songs again. It sounded just like it did, but, of course, with one thing missing. We hadn't played a NIRVANA set since Kurt [Cobain] died. Could we do that again? I don't know."
caljam2018poster_638.jpg

Continue reading...