waves api bundle

Apr 18, 2008
i already have the platinum and the ssl bundle at the studio.. i absolutely love the ssl bus compressor and channel strip and im thinking about purchasing the rest of the jjp bundle now

i have the demo now and have not really got any time to properly demo the plugs before purchasing. i am working on a bunch of really important projects at this time, and cant really fool around with unfamiliar plugs on them... I would love to play around with them but those days are few and far between now....

anyone got any history with the api bundle?? What sources are you using them on the most??

i did manage to use the 2500 on the 2 bus on a recent metal project i mixed and felt it to be very much like the hardware characteristics.. just looking for some PROFESSIONAL input before dropping another cash wad........

Sorry for a mini HiJack..

But can you buy the plugins on their own?

EQ. Just c4, the REQ's, RComp?

Even if you can does it work out cheaper to get a pack?

lovin the bundle!

I'm usually using Hardware/outboard comps on 2bus, Vocals and Bass, but I love the plugin (2500) on the drumbus and backigvox.
I really like the EQ as well, I'm just not using it on guitar because of the 2db minimum adjustments (and I've never used 2 dB on guitars that were properly tracked, if so just a very narrow notch, and that's the control the API is lacking).
but the EQ is really nice on drums and Vox.

The plugs are more expensive by themselves from Waves. You can buy C4 and I think some of the others you mentioned all separately.

~006

lovin the bundle!

I'm usually using Hardware/outboard comps on 2bus, Vocals and Bass, but I love the plugin (2500) on the drumbus and backigvox.
I really like the EQ as well, I'm just not using it on guitar because of the 2db minimum adjustments (and I've never used 2 dB on guitars that were properly tracked, if so just a very narrow notch, and that's the control the API is lacking).
but the EQ is really nice on drums and Vox.

i use mostly outboard as well when tracking and mixing, but there are times when i do total mixes itb. Not very often even though, i am slowly trying to condense my gear to one 16 u rack with 2 10 space lunchboxes .....i think these are gonna fit in nice for what im doing ...

i used the 2500 and the 550 eq today on some rap vocs, and it added a nice warm harmonic content almost transformer like to it..... vocs were tracked with a 1073, if it matters and it brought the beauty right outof the voc's ......think im def gonna take the plunge and buy them now...

i use mostly outboard as well when tracking and mixing, but there are times when i do total mixes itb. Not very often even though, i am slowly trying to condense my gear to one 16 u rack with 2 10 space lunchboxes .....i think these are gonna fit in nice for what im doing ...

i used the 2500 and the 550 eq today on some rap vocs, and it added a nice warm harmonic content almost transformer like to it..... vocs were tracked with a 1073, if it matters and it brought the beauty right outof the voc's ......think im def gonna take the plunge and buy them now...

I just recently bought the bundle myself, and I've really liked it so far. The 2500 and all 3 EQ's worked great for drums. I haven't tried it on the 2-bus just yet, but we'll see. Like LSD felt, I found the EQ's a bit limiting for guitars. The 2db notches didn't allow me to fine tune my guitar sound as efficiently as I wanted it. I'm curious what you will think when comparing them to the SSL bundle. I've heard great things about it.

I just recently bought the bundle myself, and I've really liked it so far. The 2500 and all 3 EQ's worked great for drums. I haven't tried it on the 2-bus just yet, but we'll see. Like LSD felt, I found the EQ's a bit limiting for guitars. The 2db notches didn't allow me to fine tune my guitar sound as efficiently as I wanted it. I'm curious what you will think when comparing them to the SSL bundle. I've heard great things about it.

after a little more playing with them i like the eq from the ssl a bit more. just because of the 2db notch havent really got to mess with the api eq on anything but voc's yet and it did its job well there... the comp def has some mojo going on with it....

im remixing a song i thought was a pretty good mix of mine with only the api eq and comps on drums and im gonna see how its turns out compared to the orig mix done with a lot of high end hardware and the platinum and v series plugs....

first total itb mix in 6 months this is gonna be interesting

after a little more playing with them i like the eq from the ssl a bit more. just because of the 2db notch havent really got to mess with the api eq on anything but voc's yet and it did its job well there... the comp def has some mojo going on with it....

im remixing a song i thought was a pretty good mix of mine with only the api eq and comps on drums and im gonna see how its turns out compared to the orig mix done with a lot of high end hardware and the platinum and v series plugs....

first total itb mix in 6 months this is gonna be interesting

Cool, thanks for the feedback. :)