Ways to make White Pearl, Black Oceans happen.

Jibrille

Mar 1, 2005
Albany NY
This song seems to be a favourite among many here. Someone brought up it being one of those that should be a "required" setlist songs for PP because they never play it. Someone else mentioned it was only included as part of the medley because a lot of the song requires a choir to pull it off. Which caused a comment about Glenn doing something like the string quartet again..
However, choral parts really aren't THAT hard to fill. So on the long road trip back from Mass after the BG show, I thought of what ways the song could be pulled off.
1. The easiest method. Simply to track all the choral vocals. However, that can be kind of boring.
2. Hire a choir to do it.
3. Another "all-star" song. I missed PPVII but get the gist of what happened. Get singers from the other bands to do it.
4. Get PP attendees to be the choir! There's a number of talented people that go to PP every year. Have people send in samples and pick around 6 people.
5. Audience PARTICIPATION. BG pretty much has the audience sing the entirety of Bard's Song. I'm sure enough of us know the parts of the song to pull it off.
6. (my favourite because I want to see them again) Book Therion for the 4th spot that night and steal their backup singers for the song.

Anyone think of anything else?

Not hearing a certain song isn't a big deal for me, considering I have seen them twice and both times they haven't touched certain songs. Of course it would be AMAZING to hear certain songs (White pearl, obviously), but I would probably be more happy to hear them perform it, rather say YO, GOOBER! PLAY THE DAMN SONG! I'm just happy for the fact that SA are the headliners, I don't think there will be a dissapointment over here! :)

I think Sonata could pull the song of beautifully without anything fancy. I've seen them twice and this song was slightly touched at the end of Full Moon, but it would be amazing to see this whole masterpiece performed...and where else better to see it played? fuckin' ProgPower!

Reactions: i am fabio
i love your ideas and hope they do play it since it is one of the best songs i've ever heard. Maybe Jani and Hennka could do their best for the backing vocals like they always do. Then im also sure that alot of fans will be singing along too just to beef it up. I think the song is definately playable live and I hope Glenn asks them if they will do so.:cool:

I just got done listening to it......simply amazing.:headbang:

I just listened to the song again, as it had never struck me that there was a "choir" singing in the song. It doesn't really sound like a choir to me - just sounds like the rest of the band singing, as they do in a lot of other songs. So I wouldn't be looking for them to do anything special to perform this song.

As long as these guys play Wolf and Raven, I am happy. Letter to Dana won't hurt but Tony said that all the other guys think it's too boring.

Tallulah is probably a better balad for a live setting anyway. I'll never forget embracing my pals at SA earlier this year and belting out that chorus.

Gay? Maybe. But still awesome.