WE CAME AS ROMANS Pays Tribute To Fallen Singer KYLE PAVONE At First Show Since His Death

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
The surviving members of WE CAME AS ROMANS have paid tribute to their late singer Kyle Pavone at the first show they played since his death. Pavone died of an accidental drug overdose in late August. His bandmates said in a statement earlier this month that they would honor the vocalist by going ahead with their previously announced U.S. tour as the support act for BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE. At WE CAME AS ROMANS' concert Tuesday night (September 18) at The Pageant in St Louis, Missouri, co-vocalist Dave Stephens addressed Pavone's absence while introducing the song "Lost In The Moment". He told the crowd (see video below): "A few weeks ago, we lost our best friend our bandmate our brother our singer/keyboardist Kyle Pavone. And this is our first show that we've done without him. Thank you, guys, for being so accepting tonight. "This is something I wasn't sure we’d ever get to do again. I think it's what he would have wanted. I think it's the best way to honor his legacy. "One of the things that I admired most about him was his ability to not regret his past, not worry about his future and live in the present and enjoy that moment because he believed things could change so quickly and those great things could be taken from you in a heartbeat." TMZ originally reported that Kyle was transported to a Michigan hospital on August 19 and pronounced dead six days later, on August 25. WE CAME AS ROMANS' fifth album, "Cold Like War", was released last October through SharpTone Records. Pavone joined WE CAME AS ROMANS in 2008 as vocalist and keyboardist and appeared on all five of the band's albums. Their 2013 LP, "Tracing Back Roots", peaked at No. 8 on the Billboard 200 chart.
bulletformyvalentinewecameposter2018.jpg

Continue reading...