We Came As Romans/The Color Morale style mix

this is sweet dude.

the snare "pops" too much for me.. which doesn't seem like a bad thing I guess, but I just feel like it could be seated in the mix a little better.

more room sound perhaps?

care to share any details on the mix? love the guitars and bass

I agree with the snare a bit, I took a sample of his battlefield custom snare and at the time i ran a trans designer on it for that smack and after it was all done, I realized it doesn't need it at all. But I blended slate dream z4 in there for some extra reflections on the snare sound. it's pretty high up there, but when the master gets back to me it will stand out a lot more. Guitar and bass was DI, Tse x50 and the bass was ampeg svx teamed with Tse BOD with an impulse rather than the ampeg cab impulses. Then of course eq and blah blah blah. Haha

I actually really liked this. I enjoyed the instruments a lot to be honest, and if any just getting the levels of each instrument track leveled out more.

May I ask what you do for vocal compression and so far?

Snare is a sample I took of his battlefield snare blended with slate dreamz4. Kick is a blend between slate 10 and I think 15, Toms are a blend between slate and samples I took of his. The z4 should come out more after master, along with cymz. And SSL buss comp on the drum buss FTW

+1 on a little more room on the snare. Maybe a bit more body and a little less initial transient on the snare too I think. And maybe the gang singing in the middle around 3:00, bring the volume down a little. Huge mix though. Guitars are T-I-G-H-T Enjoyable to say the least! :) Top job man!

there might be a little bit too much high-end in the vocals. They're really sibilant. Take some lows out of the group part at the end and that should push them back a little further as well because right now they seem really upfront and it kind of seemed like you're going for that Underoath-"It's Dangerous Business..." type chorus sound. Good mix though man!