We Came As Romans - "To Plant A Seed" album tone?

CNGoodhue

New Metal Member
Jun 17, 2015
I've recently attempted to create a tone (using POD Farm) that at least closely resembles the guitar tone off the album "To Plant A Seed" by We Came As Romans, as I'm covering the title song.

Because I'm still an amateur, I'm having a little trouble with the EQ settings. I have everything else figured out, it's just the EQ.

Since I know that Joey Sturgis helped with that album by mixing/master/etc., I thought I'd ask here. Any suggestions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6PHzkPjH7c

This guy is really good and explains equing for guitars.

Don't be too fussed about how the guitar sounds on its own, once it's mixed in with the track it will sound great.

Look on YouTube for podfarm presets, there are some pretty good ones on there brother. :D

Thanks dude! I played around a little and Googled a few things, ended up getting a tone that surprisingly sat well in the mix.

(skip to around 30sec, stupid SoundCloud auto rejection system)

Last edited:
Thanks dude! I played around a little and Googled a few things, ended up getting a tone that surprisingly sat well in the mix.

(skip to around 30sec, stupid SoundCloud auto rejection system)

nice tone man. i usually dont like people's metalcore tones cause they try to make it sound like djent. this is spot on