We want more turkish covers

I totally agree with you. Orphaned Land covers GREAT the Turkish songs... After 10 Turkey shows, we can put them into one album and make Turkish Orphaned Land album :)

Title is: "sagdan soldan mutlu ol yeter" :)

Orphaned Land should make an album covering Turkish songs....
It would be superb... :hotjump: :D and they could ask us what the title would be..
ehehheheh :D
I've already started thinking about it... :Smokedev:

for the Turkish album, I think Orphaned Land should cover some Orhan Gencebay and Barış Manço songs..

your ideas, friends? :)

well a baris manco cover would be great
i think especially the song benden öte benden ziyade
PLEASE PLEASE KOBI
do you hear me:)

i couldnt believe in my ears how could kobi sang that song that well
what an accent:)

Please open discussions on Turkish forums about it ok?
We are trying to find some company from Turkey who will finnance the recordings of it!
We want to record Mutlu Ol Yeter and Estarabim and to release them as a single!!! and of course to do more in the future, but we will need your help, we need people to request it and record companies to notice it :)
If it's up to us, we'll do it!

benibicim once tanri somra sansin
Bir tak dilegim var mutlu ol yeteeeerrrrr :)

It will be a great think to happen!!!:headbang: Turkish brothers and sisters do your best. Send me addresses also of people that we must contact with in Turkey to make this amazing release possible!!! I really want to be a part of this...just name it!!! ;) :)

Hello (Dreamcell) Chris, my brother...

You are already part of this, and everyone is already part of this. I will contact to recording label and talk about this... I will do it under the name of you all. Please pray for that this dream to come true... I need it only...

Thank you for your endless support...

...with Love

This Is A Really Great Idea!!! :Spin:
I Loved So Much The Turkish Cover From Orphaned Land At The Rtn Show! :worship: :headbang:
I Am Sure That Soon Or Later This Idea Will Be A True Fact!!! :hotjump:

Hey Kobi, I'd really like to finance such a record. Maybe you should also include a couple of songs from Baris Manco (namely Gülpembe and Kol Dügmeleri) for an ep instead of a single. I can send you some popular turkish songs that you might want to do a cover of, if you wish. I've been thinking about forming a record label and arranging some festivals, this should be a good start I guess. Please send me a pm if you are interested.

i can say that almost everyone here like the guys baris manco & erkin koray. but covering ibrahim tatlises can be boring for the turkish people, and it's because his maffia background etc... and i think, it's our shame in turkey that people still respect him.

and, turkish people's origin is accours to central asia and not middle east. and the guys like erkin koray or ibrahim tatlises are making arabian style music but not turkish.

we have many singers who play turkish style music like arif sagh:
http://cogur.persianblog.com/1382_11_4_cogur_archive.html

but he has also a kind of political past, so maybe some people don't like him eigther.

also mogollar (mongolians) is a successful band who covers orginal turkish songs for long years...

some samples from (needs realplayer) http://www.cdrehberi.com/sanatcilar/m/mogollar/mogollar_94/index.html