Website relaunch

Blastfromthepast

New Metal Member
May 20, 2003
I was reading about the problems with the website and was wondering who actually looks after it? Is it based on a server with PHP & Mysql available? If not it should get moved to a new host with one and be brought into this century. If it had this available then it could be run on a much more flexible platform like Joomla (www.joomla.org) which is free and is a php content management system. I have now got my website in this and am working on two more with it also. It is flexible and has lots of addons like integrated forum software and the like. The net result is whoever needs to add or update information on the site can do so very easily and quickly and the band won't get slated for the lack of information!

Powers that be take note!

Well Vince is in charge of putting stuff on the website (well last time I heard he was anyway!). But as you know Moz, you can't post anything if the information isn't given to you!

Apparently the website is going to be relaunched, and god knows it needs it. To be brutality honest, if it wasn't for this forum (and its contributors) this website would be dead. Maybe the website could do with an injection of new life and blood, from someone who has the time and really cares about the band, like we all do. Would you be interested Moz?

Far from me to step on anyones toes, but I know Vince is busy doing other things. Who better to run the new website than the person who was there right from the start, the person who ran the Militia Guard? I am sure you are a busy man too Moz, but could you spare the time to give us the website that we want, and to be proud of?

Well Vince is in charge of putting stuff on the website (well last time I heard he was anyway!). But as you know Moz, you can't post anything if the information isn't given to you!

Apparently the website is going to be relaunched, and god knows it needs it. To be brutality honest, if it wasn't for this forum (and its contributors) this website would be dead. Maybe the website could do with an injection of new life and blood, from someone who has the time and really cares about the band, like we all do. Would you be interested Moz?

Far from me to step on anyones toes, but I know Vince is busy doing other things. Who better to run the new website than the person who was there right from the start, the person who ran the Militia Guard? I am sure you are a busy man too Moz, but could you spare the time to give us the website that we want, and to be proud of?

Ummm nope ;) Not enough time to do my own stuff! But the difference is with that system is that there can be multiple logins assigned so the band could have admin rights and the management too to go in and add news items etc as well as him so it could be much more immediate. Old style HTML only editing is like working with 78 RPM records as opposed to mp3 if you follow me, it really offers very little in the way of ease of use. Like this forum is based in PHP with all it's bells and whistles i.e. search, user lists, private messaging etc that can all be added to Joomla too.

I just hope they keep this forum and don't make their own on the website, cause UM is a great community. Still, i know they have to pay to have the forum on here.

I just hope they keep this forum and don't make their own on the website, cause UM is a great community.

Thats very true, instead of a forum on the new site they should have a chatroom so us lot can have some drunken banter, and maybe even organise chats involving band members like other sites have done.

Thats very true, instead of a forum on the new site they should have a chatroom so us lot can have some drunken banter, and maybe even organise chats involving band members like other sites have done.

Yeah i can see use lot on Friday and Saturday nights pissed up a chat room.:lol:

No, not true. He's tried but he can't get the information on to an american server.

Umm why not? Whoever has the domain can transfer it easily enough as long as they have the information needed - you just update the dns info and transfer. My domain is a .com and has been hosted in the USA, then Bulgaria and now the USA again - the transfers went very smoothly!

A chatroom would be nice..in which music can be broadcasted.. like on sites like Paltalk etccc,..musicroom. And in which we can talk via microphones..

Umm why not? Whoever has the domain can transfer it easily enough as long as they have the information needed - you just update the dns info and transfer. My domain is a .com and has been hosted in the USA, then Bulgaria and now the USA again - the transfers went very smoothly!

Moz, I think you may have missed a bit of Irony from MatRatz ??? :loco: