WEEDEATER Signs With SEASON OF MIST

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Season Of Mist has announced the signing of North Carolina's bastard sons of sludge WEEDEATER. The band's fifth full-length album is due next year. Commented the group: "When we heard we would be working with Season Of Mist, we almost wrecked our pants. Can't wait for y'all to check out this shit." Formed out of the ashes of BUZZOV*EN in the late Nineties, WEEDEATER has released four albums so far: "…And Justice For Y'All", "Sixteen Tons", "God Luck And Good Speed" and "Jason… The Dragon". All four will be reissued digitally on December 10. The physical re-releases will hit stores sometime next year. In a 2011 interview with The Aquarian Weekly, WEEDEATER bassist "Dixie" Dave Collins stated about working with legendary producer Steve Albini: "['Jason… The Dragon' is] the second record in a row we’ve done with him, and he's one of the best producers in the world for analog stuff, for sure, and I've been very fortunate working with nothing but the best. Billy Anderson is also, in my opinion, right in the same caliber, one of the best producers for analog shit and live sound in the world. "[Steve's] got one of the best recording studios in the world, if not in the U.S. I think the place is awesome. So we had a blast, and it was our second time there and all the same main people that work there are still there, and they're awesome. Look forward to doing another record either with him or Billy or somebody."
weedeaterseason_638.jpg

More...