Well,looks like I'm not drinking this weekend.....

Mar 12, 2003
Was not going to get raped with the high hotel costs,so I had my father(who works for the Holliday inn chain) get me a room at emplyee rate,and I was going to take the Marta into the area and take a cab back,thinking that I wasn't going to be that far away.
The good news is that I got a room at a Holliday in Express for $29 a night.
The bad news is that the hotel is out in Smyma,where there is no nearby Marta,and I would have to take a cab TO the nearest Marta station(I was told there was a Marta station nearby by my father),and a Cab back would be at least $30
Epic Fucking Fail!!
Now I have to drive in every night(battle the traffic),pay the parking at the venue(not an issue compared to what I'd be paying a night in town),and keep my drinking to 1 beer a night(DWI=me unemployed and losing everything)
So unless someone is commuting to and from the venue from near where I am,looks like my liver is saved

Looks like the money you're saving will be wasted on cab rides. why don't you just switch to a closer hotel?

Twas my first thought as well, though I assume since his father went through all the trouble to hook him up, he might not want to switch.

Maybe you could find someone to crash with for one of the nights, in the event you wish to get your drink on!

Me thinks there will be some major partying following Friday's announcement.

I was probably going to do that(crash one night.
Now add that I left my hellish rock tour ticket home,which means I have to rummage around for another
Holy Epic Fail to the start of ProgPower batman...........

The 6 years I went to progpower, I only drank and got drunk one night, and that was the pre-party when I played percussion for D.C., mainly because of free beer, but I never drink while at a show, but i'll drink after a show, which I only have done once while at progpower when I drank after the progpower with vanden plas when I drank all night with them and I so regretted doing that when I was flying home a few hours later.