Well this sucks...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=135179

Luna Mortis broke up.

I just saw this on Blabbermouth. I don't know if anyone here likes them or not, I'm not a huge fan or anything, but I do like some of their stuff. I thought they had a lot of potential too.. Oh well.

not a good year for them. They were not my cup of tea but they seemed to be getting in on many good tours and building thier fanbase the right way. too bad.

Never actually heard the band. The name kinda put me off, knowing it would probably be "just another female-fronted gothic-like metal band."

It sucks that this happened to the band though, both for the fans and the band.

Never actually heard the band. The name kinda put me off, knowing it would probably be "just another female-fronted gothic-like metal band."

It sucks that this happened to the band though, both for the fans and the band.

they were not a generic gothic female fronted band.....they were a generic Arch Enemy / Dark Tranquility / early In Flames female fronted band.

Exactly,
Very dated sound. They were about 8 years too late to the party.
Not a bad band, but the scene did not need another Gothenburg influenced band.

they were not a generic gothic female fronted band.....they were a generic Arch Enemy / Dark Tranquility / early In Flames female fronted band.

Oh, my apologies.

Still, the name Luna Mortis makes me think of a gothic metal band. Especially when you tell me it's female-fronted.

There are very few female-fronted metal bands that I can actually listen to nowadays. Things got a little over-populated in my opinion. A lot of bands are just generic, like you said.

I think I also got tired of female vocals. Some of the ones that I can still listen to and never get bored of are Stream of Passion, Epica, After Forever, The Agonist (not gothic, but female-fronted nonetheless), Delain and some Within Temptation. I need a new band with a girl singing that will kick my ass. ReVamp sounds very promising!

Exactly,

That's exactly how I feel about it too!!! Although there is talent, it's been done too many times before. That's the same thing with every genre, obviously, but for some reason, the Gothenburg-style and the Gothic bands are the ones that I get tired of much faster.

You know, I won't lie to you. I have been procrastinating when it comes to checking you guys out. But I finally did it this morning. A bit too straightforward to me, but quality stuff nonetheless! Keep up the good work!

thank you sir! see you at mid week mayhem?

Exactly,
Very dated sound. They were about 8 years too late to the party.

I never actually listened to them as recordings, I just know the couple of tours I saw them on, they had shitty performances so I didn't even bother. They just seemed to generic to me.

I never actually listened to them as recordings, I just know the couple of tours I saw them on, they had shitty performances so I didn't even bother. They just seemed to generic to me.

I couldn't get into their albums but the one time I saw them on tour (opening for Edguy maybe?) I thought their performance was pretty good, especially considering I didn't know any of their music. I remember the singer looked like she was having a lot of fun on stage. I thought that if they could pull an "In This Moment" type transition and lose the excess screaming they might be a pretty good band. Oh well...