Well wishes and happy thoughts

NickDivision

Division Vocalist
Feb 20, 2004
DC
www.division-usa.com
We want everyone to send out happy thoughts, prayers, well wishes, or whatever you feel is appropriate to a friend of a friend, Corporal Ryan of the U.S. Marines. He was one of the three soldiers wounded in action yesterday. He is in critical condition but not getting any worse, according to latest reports, after taking a bullet to his helmet.

We wish him the best and hope for his speedy and complete recovery.

NickDivision said:
We want everyone to send out happy thoughts, prayers, well wishes, or whatever you feel is appropriate to a friend of a friend, Corporal Ryan of the U.S. Marines. He was one of the three soldiers wounded in action yesterday. He is in critical condition but not getting any worse, according to latest reports, after taking a bullet to his helmet.

We wish him the best and hope for his speedy and complete recovery.

Oh wow, definatly send along mine and mandy's best wishes and a huge thank you for serving our country.

Was this a comrade of Terry's?
I'm always sad to hear when our systems or gear fail. There are new helmets coming down the pipe but I'm not sure that they will have heightened survivability in a firefight. Its times like these that I'm a little happier that I handle the comms and not the artillery side of the war. When I get really upset about my current deployment situation it helps to remember that I'm supporting the 4ID and they're going to Iraq instead of me having to go (although I have been offered a hefty salary to spend a year over there....but I'm too damn prissy to do it).
Speaking of which, Adam is redeploying and is still in Germany and is looking for a wife. We avoid watching the news when he's in combat because it's easier to focus on other things than it is to worry about every piece of media that could be about him.

It's a guy in my friend's old platoon. Nifty person.

The prognosis isn't good, bullet entered his front lobe just above his eye, and exited out the back, direct hit.

As far as I'm aware, he's still stable, but I haven't gotten today's update yet. It's a day-by-day thing at this point.

I really am so sorry to hear about this. Please keep us posted. It's such a small world; we all know someone who has gone into combat for this war, and it brings us closer together.

Pardon me while I jump around...

But I just got news that the Cpl is healing faster than expected, and is expected to make a full recovery. Memory is going to be a different story.

*bounce bounce bounce*

Here's the info:

Cpl. Eddie Ryan Fund
Attn: Lisa Quinlan
Tactical Applications Group
1006-C Henderson Dr
Jacksonville, NC 28540

*Make checks payable to Eddie Ryan Fund.
Lisa is the person who started the fund. If anyone has questions or
whatever, the number there is (910) 938-4529, just ask for Lisa.