We're Motorhead...and we play rock n roll!

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface
Ever since I watched these guys on the Masters of Metal Tour, I've been hooked! So, name you favorite Motorhead album, tour, experience, etc. Let's discuss! :kickass:

Below is my favorite cut from the Stage Fright DVD.

~Brian~

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw them at Halloween Radio show a few years back which oddly enough was Motorhead's only appearance in the US that year, in kansas of all places. They were good not great. My favorite story though is when my friend saw them in this little club in Columbia, MO and they were so loud that pieces of the ceiling were brinigng to fall

They were badass when they were in Chicago in August. One of the best shows of the year for me. I only wished they played a little longer than 95 minutes.

I was a really late bloomer to them. I've only been liking them the last 3 years or so. My favorite actually is the Hammered cd. I think from top to bottom, it's their most rocking album and "Walk a Crooked Mile" is such a badass song. I like Ace of Spades, I just think it's an overrated album in my opinion. The only album I'm not particularly fond of though is the new one, which most people seem to love and they say so too. I just was rather disappointed with it.

First and only time I've seen them so far was in Chicago a few years back with Anthrax at the House Of Blues. Can't remember what CD they were promoting but I do know it was before the Anthrax reunion and it was with John Bush on "We've Come For You All" which BTW is an extremely underrated record IMO.

First and only time I've seen them so far was in Chicago a few years back with Anthrax at the House Of Blues. Can't remember what CD they were promoting but I do know it was before the Anthrax reunion and it was with John Bush on "We've Come For You All" which BTW is an extremely underrated record IMO.

I was there, it was for HAMMERED.

I saw them in 1997 at the Masquerade in Atlanta on the infamous ill-fated tour with WASP. Still to this day the loudest band I have ever seen (or heard)!
Fave album is probably "We Are Motorhead," although I only have about half of their discography.

Motorhead are probably my 2nd fav behind Iron Maiden depending on my state of mind. The most consisent bands ever.Have seen them when live when they destroyed everybody else and saw them on 2nd stage Ozzfest when they werent very good. Heve met them several times and Lemmy was just awesome everytime I have ever met him. Have Motorizer vinyl signed by the band. Have 100th BWBK issue and 100th Terrorizer signed by Lemmy. Also had Lemmy sign a hat i got about 2 months ago. Love Motorhead true legends

I saw them live in Worcester, MA back in 2004 (or 05 I guess)! After the show Lemmy was kind enough to offer me some liquor at the backstage :kickass:
Hope to see them live again :headbang:

My favorite Motorhead CD is also Iron Fist. I read somewhere that Lemmy hates it and won't play tunes from it. Haven't seen them live so don't know if that's really the case.

Not true, they played Iron Fist this year and when I saw them like 15+ years ago.

Here's something from my FBook page about the show;

"We Are Motorhead... and we play rock & roll."
Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 11:10am

Was what Lemmy said in the mic after the band walked on stage. They ripped right into Iron Fist and proceeded to show everyone how it's done.

Substitute drummer Matt Sorum (Guns N Roses, the Cult, Velvet Revolver) did an amazing job filling in for Mickey Dee.

They didn't play my personal 3 favorite Motorhead songs of all time, but I'll live. I didn't expect to hear 1/2 the songs they played. I expected this show to be a straight greatest hits live with some new songs off Motorizer thrown in to promote the new album. I couldn't be happier to be more wrong.

Motorhead's setlist Sept 17, 2009, House of Blues, Orlando.

Iron Fist
Stay Clean
Be My Baby
Rock Out
Metropolis
Over The Top
One Night Stand
I Got Mine
Thousand Names Of God
Another Perfect Day
In The Name Of Tragedy
Just 'Cos You Got The Power
Going To Brazil
Killed By Death
Bomber

*encore
Whorehouse Blues
Ace Of Spades
Overkill

Here are the albums & releases covered from the set list;
Iron Fist (1982), Overkill (1978), Kiss of Death (2006), Motorizer (2008), Bomber (1979),
Another Perfect Day (1983), Inferno (2004), Rock 'N' Roll (1987), 1916 (1991),
Killed By Death (1984 single), Ace Of Spades (1980)

Just 'Cos You Got The Power and Over The Top were actually B-sides to other singles but were included on the last CD re-issues from Motorhead.

Hearing Going To Brazil was the best for me, 1916 is my favorite Motorhead album.

All said, it was a hell of a show and I would see them again in a heartbeat, even if I had to travel to do so. Those of you who didn't go, missed out if you wanted to or not (sorry Chuck, maybe next time).

Saw them this year and they took everyone to school.

Motorhead are probably my 2nd fav behind Iron Maiden depending on my state of mind. The most consisent bands ever.Have seen them when live when they destroyed everybody else

I went into the Metal Masters tour not having a clue about them, but came out a total fan! They put on one of the best live shows I've ever witnessed!

Substitute drummer Matt Sorum (Guns N Roses, the Cult, Velvet Revolver) did an amazing job filling in for Mickey Dee.

I cannot fathom watching this band without Mickey Dee! I hope that Mickey doesn't get any big ideas and tries to move on.

~Brian~

I went into the Metal Masters tour not having a clue about them, but came out a total fan! They put on one of the best live shows I've ever witnessed!

I cannot fathom watching this band without Mickey Dee! I hope that Mickey doesn't get any big ideas and tries to move on.

~Brian~

The only reason he wasn't there is (as stupid as it is) he wanted to be on the Swedish version of "I'm a Celebrity get me out of here!" which Lemmy okay'd. I think this was a one time thing and he'll stay put. I was lucky though as I saw them in Chicago when Dee was still with them and met him. Cool guy and signed my train ticket. hahahaha!

As for the Iron Fist thing that someone asked. He DOES hate that album, but I believe he likes the title track which he practically plays at every concert. It's a fucking Motorhead staple.

Saw Motorhead & Krokus during the Iron Fist & One Vice At A Time tour, with the original lineup, saw them again for Another Perfect Day with Brian Robertson. Both shows were ear damaging loud for the unprotected.

Favorite Motorhead record - Ace Of Spades

Discovered Motorhead from a friend who's future brother in law had Bomber & Overkill in his vinyl collection. We were floored by how cool the band was at a very impressionable age. Still a fan to this day....

I've seen Motorhead 3 times, twice in Mexico as a headliner, first time in 2000 when they were promoting We Are Motorhead and once at Monterrey Metal Fest back in 2004, saw them in Houston Texas as part of Iron MAiden, Dio, Motorhead tour, at that time Motorhead had the openning slot and only played 35 minutes, too bad because thís band deserves more than that.

One of all time favorites bands that have influenced bands like SODOM to name one.

See ya at PPXI

I do like some of their stuff, but I don't consider myself a huge fan of them. I've seen them live a bunch of times, and I really don't find them all that exciting to watch live. Not saying it's bad, but I do find myself checking the time quite a bit when they are on-stage.

LOVE the band....I have everything they've released, but only seen them live a couple of times. As far as my favorite Motorhead album goes, I'd have to go with Bastards. I love all of their old stuff, so I'd have to put No Remorse at the top too.....a greatest hits album with the best of the old and also a few un-released (except on that album) gems like "Killed By Death", "Snaggletooth" and the insanely heavy "Locomotive". Iconic band!