We're the dreeeeeaaaaam waaaarriors...

Dead Winter

STAHP
Apr 30, 2002
Italy/US
...and maybe tonight, maybe tonight you'll be gone!!!!!

In 1986, Dokken kicked so much ass. I was 7 or 8 years old, saw that video and Cinderella's "Somebody Save Me" on MTV and became a metalhead, much to the chagrin of my mother. She got over it, though...hell she introduced me to Def Leppard, and for my 11th birthday she took me to see Queensryche's Operation Mindcrime tour supporting Def Leppard's Hysteria tour. I listened to Def Leppard's Pyromania and High and Dry several years before and loved them, but in 1986, I officially became a metalhead.

Man, I love Dokken. This will show my age, but I saw Dokken open up for Aerosmith on th Back for the Attack Tour. I was around 13-14. I also saw them a few years back at a club in Lexington,KY with Reb Beach (Winger) on guitar. As for Cinderella, I really like "Night Songs" but dilike the rest of their stuff. It seems like every show I saw "back then" they were opening for somebody. I saw Cinderella open for David Lee Roth, Bon Jovi, AC/DC, Poison, and they headlined with Wnger and The BulletBoys. Def Leppards early stuff is good, and Queensryche just rocks.

It's a shame I was too busy being born in '86. I did catch the ass end of the Headbanger's Ball era though. It blew my fragile little mind. Good times, good times.

It's a shame I was too busy being born in '86. I did catch the ass end of the Headbanger's Ball era though. It blew my fragile little mind. Good times, good times.

You missed a couple of decent bands in the 80's, but that's a good thing because there were a WHOOOOOLE lot more crappy ones.

Another awesome 80's band that no one remembers is Bonfire...they were an awesome German 80's band.

"I am the sword!!! You are the stone!!! I swear forever we can staaaaaand aloooooooooonnnne!!!! I am the sword, you are the stone!!!!!"